Help me find a wireless AC card for my mac

The above card is what I tried. According to many sites it should work in my mac. It doesn’t. It doesn’t even work in other laptops. So well fine, I’ll find something else! And for note, I am using ubuntu. I don’t need OSX help, just hardware help.

Its a bit dounting to me now that I have my desktop full of PCIe slots only, so obviously I think thats where I should put a card now. I want to use the internal slot, but if theres a whitelist I’m not going to fuck around reprogramming it. I already did that on my 1,1 to get my GPU to work correctly in it, I don’t want to do it in my 3,1 for wifi cards. Sounds like a massive pain in the ass.

So. Budget is probably like 35, including shipping. I like atheros cards, but not opposed to suggestions.

Looking at this one.

https://www.ebay.com/i/263547199787?chn=ps

If you guys have suggestions for me please let me know.

Bump. IDC what card it is, or if its “mac compatible”. I don’t need OSX help, I need hardware help.

If you’re unable to find a wireless card that’s compatible with CrApple… Logic would dictate, were it me at least, the next step in the “chain” which would be purchasing a USB WiFi Dongle. A logical work around in the meantime at least until you find the WiFi Card you are seeking.

1 Like

Yeah I thought about that actually. Its not a horrible idea, but they’re 45 bucks. Ech.

Yet the cost of hardware you remain unable to locate obfuscates that very notion based upon the immediacy of your situation.

P.s.-Do not mistake this as me being rude.
I am in a very direct mood tonight for the sake of simplicity.

1 Like

I’d suggest a Broadcom one for AirDrop support, but I don’t think that’s to your liking.

Well I’m not running OSX. I’m running ubuntu, but theres a small chance I will run OSX. I have my other mac pro for that though.

Ohhhhhhhhh

I do believe I said this in my OP? Apparently not. Mended that.