Help me find a new monitor

Well i have just yesterday sold my BenQ XL2430 and got 350EUR for it + 50 EUR for a quick laptop repair. I can throw another 300-400EUR where over 400EUR would be like stabbing me : $. So total 800 EUR.

The needs:
I am doing 3D modeling in Blender, learning texturing in Substance Painter 2 and for fun using Unreal Engine 4 to import all my assets i create. If i want to do any of it professionally in the future i need a good monitor. To make it complicated i game a lot too. Currently have a 8 year old philips tv with 6666679909 ms input lag.

Looking for:

• 4K for screen space or high res 21:9 (if it makes sense in my case)
  • size bigger better if it's possible 32-40"
  • refresh rate the faster the better 100 hz + (if it's possible)
  • good color reproduction

I know it's very broad but my usage will be too modeling, gaming, YT watching/movies. I have no idea where to even look so some recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

4K at that refresh rate isn't a thing just yet.

There are some nice wide screens in the 34-38" range that may do the job for you, 75-110Hz is becoming more common, but they are pricey.

Something like this.

Or just go dual monitors instead.

2 Likes

This one is nice. I was looking at a new LG 32" at 999$ and it supports HDR10. Philips makes one 40" 4K but it's a VA panel for 800EUR. It's just i am so out of the loop for monitors i have to search from the beginning.

I'm waiting on freesync 2, but deff need to wait till after computex at the very min.

1 Like

Ho yes true that.

I was reading some reviews a while back on the phillips 40" & 43" & decided to wait. From memory the were issues with frame skipping & ghosting.

Frame skipping sucks for gaming & the ghosting would not have been great when having a static image up while working on something else.

I'm still using a single 27" 4k, but need either a wide screen or 40", with similar specs to what you want, so I'm interested in what you find.

1 Like