Help me chose x570 MB for future proofing

Should be a decent choice.
If you like you could start a build topic with pics,
So other users can comment to it. :slight_smile:

I don’t see the point. It’s just a machine.

1 Like

Also fine no problems :slight_smile:
Some people like to show off their builds.

I haven’t read the whole thread but for other people: I can recommend the X570 Gigabyte Aorus Pro. From what I understand the following should apply to most Gigabyte X570 boards.

1. It has IOMMU and ACS Override build into the UEFI. That means if you activate the option almost everything is in its own IOMMU Groups.

2. You can select which GPU to boot from. This feature does not correctly work for me if the screen is already turned on when booting but it still helps. This way I can boot my much smaller host GPU from the second PCIe slot. Only thing is I have to turn on the screen a few seconds after the PC.

3. I like their support. I had some questions about certain functions and while they needed a few days to answer, they always gave correct information and specific instructions where to apply settings in the UEFI.

1 Like

That roar was caused by MSI telling everyone that B450 would support ALL AM4 processors. Something AMD never actually said. AMD was put in a tough spot. On one hand, they could tell MSI to shove its falsehoods but would lose customer approval. OR, they could fork the BIOS to allow B450 boards to use Zen 3 chips at the cost of losing support for 1st and 2nd gen chips as well as limiting the effectiveness of the newer chips at the same time keeping people stuck on an old platform which would then hamstring the newer chipset value and in turn anger customers who bought those chipsets. It was a no-win situation for AMD. All caused by MSI speaking out of its backside.

Topic starter already made a choice.