Help, laptop upgrade quick questions

I haven’t owned a laptop in forever…and I just started school and realized fuckkk I need a laptop :tired_face:

I would like to buy an affordable laptop to study on the go…no gaming just school.

I would like to make upgrades to this cheap laptop, cloning the drive to an SSD, and possibly adding ram(if i need to).

I know I’ll probably be running youtube, an open browser(for notes), and music(spotify) as I’m taking notes.
How important is the processor here? is 4GB max not enough? Can anyone suggest a laptop?

Any help is appreciated thanks!

How affordable is affordable? What is your budget?

What OS?

Also added the ‘suggestion’ tag.

1 Like

sorry, thanks!
Windows 10, budget of $200-$300
willing to go $350
(I’m open to refurbished, unless it’s a bad idea)

How long do you want it to last? You’re going to be hard pressed to get something of good quality for that price. If you go up to the 450-500 range you open up much better (imo) options.

Edit: this laptop is a bit out of your budget but I’ve got a friend who has a higher model of it and he likes it.

Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U, 6GB RAM Memory, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, E5-576-392H https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079TGL2BZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_DvmGBbTFTZJ8F

1 Like

maybe 3 years. and MAYBE, if possible, a couple yrs more for my nephew to use. i will look into that thanks!

1 Like