*HELP* Laptop Recommendations

I need help with choosing a Laptop for College and everyday use. The laptop would mostly be used for web browsing, video and photo editing, and other things for college which i will be studying Computer Information Systems.

My max budget would be around $1200
Something that I can Upgrade ram and Hard drive in the future would be nice.
If i left anything out that needs to be known just let me know

I would suggest a Lenovo T or X (laptop) series. I have no problem with used or refurbished as long as you can get it from somewhere that offers a 30 day replacement/return program.
While ymmv I got a T420 i5 8gb ram win 7 for $80 at a local electronics recycler. Think about it this way, you can use the laptop on the go and have the opportunity to build a desktop if need be for photo and video editing.
Think about how many times you plug and unplug the power cord of a laptop in college. Lenovos have a massive advantage over their competitors with their power cords. In several years with Lenovos I have never had a power cord get loose or fail, whereas with HP, Asus (hate to admit it) , and Dell I have had issues.
Those series usually are cheap to repair and replace and can be upgraded.
Side question: Do you only want one device to carry with you everywhere?

to the side question: Yes just one device and I do already have a desktop already built that I can do video and photo editing on. I put that part in so i could edit while i wasn't home

Something like this maybe then
Lenovo ThinkPad T540p 20BE003PUS 15.6-Inch Laptop: Core i7-4500U, 256GB SSD, Full HD, NVIDIA GT730M, Windows 8 Pro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HJ6X3KC/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_PRGsxb6NMG4QN