Help installing crysis expanded

i have my crysis folder in program files 86.

i made a folder  named mods just like it asked me to. but i don't understand the second part of the instructions.

help please

Where did you download this from, and do you have a link to the instructions?  If you can't link me to the instructions, can you paste them here?

From my experience with modding Skyrim, it shouldn't be anymore difficult than dropping the modded files into that particular folder.

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=106000

instructions yada yada

http://www.moddb.com/mods/crysis-expanded-mod-v02-newgen-graphics/downloads/crysis-expanded-mod-v03-newgen-graphics

i downloaded it here, i doesn't show up in the mods menu in crysis, it says it should. somewhere... i think

Okay, and you have successfully placed the CrysisExpanded folder in the "Mods" folder?  If so, go to the following directory..."C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\"...then find Crysis.exe.  It may or may not show the .exe file extension on your computer.  If it doesn't, it should show up as Crysis.  Right click it, and send it to your desktop.  Launch the game and see if it works.

If not, try taking the modded files out of the "CrysisExpanded" folder, and then drop the files directly in the "Mods" folder.

it isnt working, by the way i have my crysis folder in.

D:\Program Files (86)\Crysis

is the mods folder supposed to be in the crysis folder?

Yes, the mods folder should be in the Crysis folder, at least that's what the website says.

i changed the target to this in the shortcut properties,

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Crysis\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -mods CrysisExpanded -devmode

which i believe is what it says to do, but all that happens is the fps gpu memory used and all the other yada yada shows up in the upper right. tried it with the mod files in the crysis expanded folder and the mods folder.

I tried it and works fine on Steam version. And if you don't have Mods folder just make it and put the files in it. Game doesn't care if the folder is created by you or by some other installer.

Then do the shortcut with the launch options and run the game. Check the Mod tab ingame to see if it's installed(it should be by default) and enjoy the game.

it still doesn't work and i don't have the steam version

Is it a cracked copy?  If so, then this could potentially be the reason why it won't work.  Not 100% sure though.

yes