Help flashing NetApp SAS SSDs

I bought a bunch of 800GB SAS SSDs last year with part number X447_PHM2800MCTO. This is a NetApp part. I later learned that these drives are subject a power-on hours bug (link) and must to be flashed from NA04 to NA05 prior to then. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any way to do that since I don’t have the proper NetApp gear or a support contract.

I can think of a few ways to get this done:

1. Get the NA05 firmware binary and figure out the magic incantation required to flash it using sg3-utils or what have you.
  2. Send the drives to someone with the proper NetApp gear to get flashed and subsequently sent back. I’ll cover shipping both ways, obviously.
  3. If these drives are rebadged something or other, flash the latest firmware for that instead.

Fingers crossed that someone here can help me. Thank you in advance!

Hi,
I have an admin access to NetApp E2824 array, can help if those drives work with this model, but I live in Poland so I don’t know if this is a considerable option for you, to ship it here and back.
E-mail me if interested, regards,
Andrzej

1 Like

That’s very generous of you to offer but yeah the shipping costs would be prohibitive.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.