HELP First Server build

Im going to using this build as my personal server for gaming, web hosting maybe and for storing un-needed files on. I've got my Gaming desktop which is used for everything else but lags a little using it for hosting and gaming. I've got all the other parts like monitors, HDDs and was going to KVM cable for one of my monitors, keyboard and mouse. And this server wont be used for gaming or anything at all.

I was wondering if you would change anything but i dont want to go over $500 and dont want intel either. 

Build:

CPU:                     - AMD Phenom II X4 960T Black 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 

Motherboard:       - ECS A880GM-M7 (V2.0) Micro ATX  AM3 Motherboard 

Memory:               - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 

Storage:               - Toshiba  1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 

Case:                   - Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case 

Power Supply:      - CoolMax 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  

Optical Drive:       - Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer 

Thanks in advance

I would get something with more cores like FX 8120 and i would probably get a server mobo like a tyan or supermicro with iKVM then you dont need KVM but that might be out of your price range.

>8120

Why not an 8320? Bulldozer is ....eww xD 

Bulldozers work really really well for virtualization and server builds if you didn't know and support PCI passthrough better than the similarly priced intel counterparts. I know I'm studying for my CCIE/CCIE Security so I need more raw cores than I do speedy cores. 

Dunno why he wouldn't get an 8320, I got my 8120 for $90 new with a Crosshair V at microcenter just because it was such a deal. I would say he could overclock it but that's never a wise idea on a production machine. 

True the 8320 is far better i just said the 8120 because of price. In a server enviornment my thoughts are that the extra cores of the 8120 will be more usefull than the faster cores of something like a 6300 at a similar price.

Ive changed to Phenom II X6 1045T and because I have a microATX case and need to keep server smaller then normal 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qgfP 

Yup looks good.

What about this build for a server, I was thinking it would be better it is was more upgradeable later and bigger for more air flow.

CPU                 - AMD Opteron 4100 Series Processor 4122 ($109.44 @ AVADirect) (x2)

Motherboard:             - SUPERMICRO MBD-H8DCL-IF-O ATX ($309.99 @ Newegg)

Memory:         - Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC 1333 (104.99 @ Newegg)

Storage:           - Western Digital WD 2TB SATA HHD ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Case:                - Xigmatek ASGARD PRO ATX Mid Tower ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply:             - CoolMax 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Optical Drive: - Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  ($17.89 @ Outlet PC)

OP doesn't want to go over $500 

Um, that is OP...

In this case price isnt really worry me for what it is