Help finding OLD OLD YT PM's / Why does my email stop at AUG 2010?

So I was going back through all the cringy shit I used to love on the internet, some of it I still adore, I don’t care. At one point in my life I found Vocaloid, played with the program, found fanimations and even saved a few to watch in my own time so I didn’t have to be on youtube. At one point the one channel that I loved going to that uploaded giant compilations all the time of all sorts of stuff was getting the shit cannon pointed at them by the normal insanity of the internet because they didn’t own the source work. I won’t go into the endings of that past I asked if I could just back it up for them on my channel and call it good. They aggreed and I did and to this day they are the most viewed videos on my old channel and still come up in search.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Miku+Miku+Madness

Now while I was going through the comments and being amazed that I got 10000 views on something that wasn’t intended to really be a main source of anything, I wondered “Hey what was that person’s channel name? I wonder if I can find my old youtube messages.”

Side note if anyone knows how I can find that old message box I would be grateful.

But anyways. Going back through my email inbox I thought “Ok, well there would have been an email notification I think? Lets see what we got here” and my inbox only goes back to around August of 2010. My email account was created around 2008 and I am really quite curious of what’s back there as well as those old old PM’s. Anyone know why it just stops?

Depending upon the Email Provider itself, I imagine after a given date is exceeded upon the backend, they’re automatically deleted as irrelevant. Maybe even at X date and X number of messages is reached, or whichever combination happens first.

1 Like