Help find game server IP and troubleshoot lag

Hi guys, I’m new here but I’m a long time viewer of Wendel and the group from their teksyndicate days.

I have some questions need your opinion on how to do it. We just recently change from another ISP to lower our cost and have more bandwidth. But at night, around 7 to 11:30 PM, when my family is around even though their not downloading anything and I disconnected my PC the game I’m playing, Mobile legends, is still lagging. I tried to troubleshoot it like changing our DNS which seems to solve other problems but not the lag.

What I want to do is try to found out what is IP address used by the game server and maybe where it’s located and trace route it to give it to the ISP if they can help reroute it. Since its in a smartphone I can’t really do some tracing on it and I tried using emulator in my PC, installed the game and use netlimeter to try find out the game server IP (I saw this method on Battle(non)sense’s videos) would like to try wireshark but I’m that knowledgeable to use that. Can you give me some advice on this problem?

maybe use a tool like cain & able to see the ip’s coming in and maybe guess based on the amount of traffic which one is the server?

I used this back in the day’s of halo 3 hacking. Those were the good ol days

Unlikely, ISPs will have made business decisions / peering arengements they’re paying for. Whether a route is optimal or not is rarely a factor.

Try using Wireshark with a browser to give you IP addresses, and try guessing which ones belong to your game and which ones belong to other processes in the system - there’s no easy way.

Out of curiosity, who’s your ISP?

I’m thinking of doing that too, but you see I use the android emulator Nox to run the game on PC and when I used the netlimiter applicaiton it seems like its passing through my host computer and doesn’t give me any significant info like the IP address of the game server, I’m thinking of the same scenario that will happen in wireshark but not that I tested it really will try it now.

My ISP is some local cable provider here in my city. I’m from the Philippines

You may find that its closer to the number of devices locally, regardless of a device being on your network all of the devices on the same frequency need to talk around each other. see if changing your wifi CH away from neighbors helps and use the 5GHz if possible.