HELP - Event 41 - Kernel Power Problem

I literally made this build a few days ago and when I’ve come back to the computer after a little while, it’s usually off even though I had left it on. All sleep, hibernate, idle, etc settings are turned off. When I boot the PC up and check the event viewer, I see under Critical Errors: Even 41 - Kernel Power. This has never occured while I’ve been using the PC, so needless to say, it’s not happening during intense use or gaming/content creation.

I have a brand new Bequiet Straight Power 11 750W PSU. All the cables are connected and the wiring harnesses are not damaged. I do not have another PSU to swap and after spending over $1500, I cant just buy a new PSU to swap out and check.

FYI: I won the PSU in a Techpowerup (website) and Bequiet Giveaway well over a year ago, so I can’t return/swap it to a vendor. Also, no one needs to suggest an RMA with BeQuiet…the point of my petition for help is to avoid such inconveniences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Specs:
Ryzen 2700x at 4.4Ghz 1.325V *Problem was still occuring well before any overclocking, so I’m reasonably certain it’s not a powerdraw issue.
32GB (8GBx4) G.Skill Trident Z RGB at 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34
Asus X470-F
Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+
HP EX950 2TB (OS drive)
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
HGST Ultrastar He12 12TB HDD
Blackmagic Design Decklink 4K Extreme 12G capture card (currently disconnected, so not an issue)
BeQuiet Straight Power 11 750W PSU

So is it powering itself off or are you just combing logs. It is not clear from your post.

It’s powering itself off. For instance, it’s 6:45 AM here, I just walked into the computer room, the computer was off (because it powered itself off while I was sleeping) and when I turned it back on, the event viewer has “Event 41 - Kernel Power”. A screenshot is attached.

Here’s the craziest part, so Monday Morning (12/2/19) I walk into my office, and the computer is off, but this time it won’t turn on at all. Nothing I do will get it to turn on, so I figure my PSU is dead (BeQuiet! Straight Power 11 750W Gold), I order a brand new Corsair RMx 850 Gold PSU, I install it last night (12/5/19) and, like I said, this morning, just a few minutes ago, I walk into my office, and the computer is off, and the event viewer has another “Event 41” Listed.

How is this possible if I’ve replaced the PSU?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.