Help! dead board? need advice asap

wow that looks seriously bad.
not sure if the death of the mobo might have been caused by the psu?

Yah im nervous right now since im still useing that same 8 pin and psu :O im crazy i know haha but i dont have money for a psu, all my voltages seem in check so no idea.
I am however going on ebay or amazon to get a new 8 pin connector. My dads half into electricity he said it could be caused by bad connection as in maybe the plug wasent secure but i dont know why after over a year the 8 pin would come loose.

well the 8 pin cpu socket has burned out.
it looks to me, that it might have been started at the psu connector, rather then the mobo it self.
However that FX9590 ofc pulls an enormous amount of power from that 6+2 powerphase vrm.

I cant look into your wallet, but maybe you just might concider to sell the new board and cpu, and get something better.

Thanks Mistery, i will be upgrading but im hoping this lasts till Zen comes , then ill need a new board and cpu anyway.

Again thanks Mistery.

I would be quite leery about the psu after such an overload/short . I would not take a chance without, at the very least, checking the PSU with a psu jigg,( tester) , local store should have one, testing the psu on another board IS NOT a good idea. (IMO)
severe overload causes such a discoloration and probable damage to mobo. The board has at least 4 layers, not visible !

i suppose that he has allready fixed his issue after 7 months.
I will lock the topic for now.

1 Like