[HELP] Can't boot system into bios but system starts up

My mobo is the MSI H67MA-E35 B3 CPU is 2500k

I upgraded the mobo using the msi live update and it all went well but now i can’t access the bios. When I click on delete i see the bios(blue background) flash/flicker and the system restarts. Same with the boot option[f11] i see the blue screen but then it restarts right away. I can’t access my linux partition now because of a windows update i think. But i can boot into windows fine. Any help would be appreciated

Try removing the small battery near the pcie slots and re-inserting after 10-30 mins.
This should reset the UEFI/BIOS.

1 Like

If this dosn’t work try booting to bios from windows with this tutorial.

assuming you use win10

1 Like

Wouldn’t you normally power cycle by removing the battery and holding the power button in for a couple of minutes?

E: without wall power

So i already had done the battery removal as well as touching the 2 pins on the mobo. When i originally did that it said the bios had been reset but still didn’t boot.

I follow that tutorial it restarted tried to boot into bios but i just got the blue flash and it restarted again

The only thing i think you may be able to do then would be re-flashing the bios. I am not sure if you can without bios access though.

What do you get when you remove all the boot drives from the system?

1 Like

I don’t know if this mobo supports it but if it is EFI, the vendor may have a tool to do this through Windows. May want to check to see if there is a BIOS flashback button. Put in a fat32 formatted USB drive with the BIOS file hanging out on the root. Push the button and reboot and it should happen autmagically.

ASUS provides these two options. I don’t see why MSI would not.

Sorry got preoccupied with other stuff

@DertyDan Tried that didn’t work. The link you posted showed me how i could boot into a different device. So i put the older version of the bios on the usb, booted into that and used their flash program to flash it but i got an error stating that i don’t have a compatible version of the bios. I’ll post the full error when i get back home

@Adubs I’ll try that and get back to you

@Mastic_Warrior I don’t think my bios has that. It’s quite an old sandy bridge system

The reason i found this issue is because i wanted to change my linux distro to manjaro. I was able to install manjaro(granted the installation went well but didn’t get into grub and booted straight into windows) thanks to the video @DertyDan posted which let me find the option to allow me to set my boot device through windows 10

I’m going to try to fix the manjaro installtion and if it goes well i might just leave it as it is and start saving up for a new modern system which would just be the mobo/ram/cpu. This is turning out to be such a headache :cry:

So i messed everything up. After installing majaro i didn’t get the grub menu. Instead i just got a black screen that said grub_ and thats it, no command line. I was then able to boot into a usb by unplugging the ssd. Then just before the usb booted up i had to plug in the ssd back in. I tried fixing the grub from the livecd but couldn’t do it. I then proceeded to delete all of the partitions on te hard drive and start fresh. So did the whole unplug ssd thing and booted up windows 8.1 from the usb and now it won’t detect the ssd during installation…

The goal would be to reset the cmos which can be done by removing the battery which maintains changes to the cmos made by the user or some weird dark forces like this.

But apparently that didn’t work so i’m out of ideas except rma if possible.