Help a new guy build his PC, alot of questions

From what I cold find when I googled it, I think that cpu is roughly the same power as a sandy bridge i3, and has more cores. So yeah I agree it probably will do fine, and I concur that you need a new psu. When companies like hp make computers to sell a whole units they often scrimp on the PSU and only put in the cheapest thing they can find so ever if it was powerful enough I would recommend replacing it for a good quality part.

I would still recommend you look for a second hand gpu but if you want a first hand card for the better warranty protection then yeah look for one if the cats suggested above. If you find out later that the machine is bottlenecing then you can upgrade from that platform. But u think for just gaming it will be a perfectly good stand point

Thanks! I know this is more software than hard ware so maybe i need to post on a differen t thread but is there a way to move windowa 7 wich is in a 1.5 tb hard drive into a SSD i would buy? O and 1 other thing would the mother board of the PC will be a problem? Like does any motherboard support a 970 or there is some restriction?

I might have missed it, but I am not sure exactly what motherboard you are using, so it is hard to tell for sure. However it will probably be fine, but I would definitely check what the motherboard supports before buying a card for it. What you need to check is if it has a PCI express port on it, and then if it does what speed it runs at. If the motherboard has a PCI express slot on it (most do) then it will be able to run the card. What you will have to watch for is making sure the power supply you buy is able to both supply enough power to the card and machine, and ahs the correct cable on it to power the card.

For the OS, I am not aware of any way to transfer the OS between hard drives, however there should be ways of finding out the product code for the machine and then downloading the installer for win7. But check before formatting the hard drive. It probably would be worth making a thread in another topic to get advise on it.