Heatsink blocking out ram slots

hey guys. thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

so, with tax season here i want to upgrade my rig a little bit.

current rig

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
MSI 970A-G43 motehrboard
2 4GB sticks of corsair vengeance ram
and a CollerMaster Hyper 212 heatsink

this thing is MASSIVE and it's blocking out 1 of the RAM slots, so i can't take advantage of dual channeling. can anyone recommend another heatsink that won't do this? thanks.

On the FM sockets it can be a pain but it is possible.
LINK

Yeah I've seen it mounted horizontally on a FM socket before to make room for the ram. offroadslayer88s link should be doable

Have you thought about using low profile ram?

thanks for the replies everyone, but this is an AM3+ socket, not an FM. any suggestions?

(I just realised the problem is the HS orientation so, delete edit )
Low profile ram, You wont lose money replacing the ram.

You could also take the heatsinks off the ram.

How are they stuck on? I have the same sticks.

Take the stickers off there should just be some screws. Once those are out they should just fall off. Do be aware of clips that hold them together I don't know if those are there. I don't have these sticks so I don't know the specifics do post the specifics if you do this.

I might have a go just to replace the TIM...if they use any :/

I was almost certain that phemoms ran on FM sockets but knowing that its AM2+ I have a better link that may help you out.
LINK TO AM2+ SOCKET INSTALL

You have a couple different options.

1) Move RAM sticks from DIMMs 1 + 3 to 2 + 4. This would be the best course of action.

2) Move the fan "up" on the heatsink, until it is not touching anymore. Corsair Vengeance is rather tall, however, so this may not be the best course of action... but, you can still do it. (You may lose a degree or two of thermal performance.)