Headset: Vengeance 1500 or Logitech G35?

Which of these headsets would be better for surround sound gaming, with all of their technical specifications taken into account (regardless of the listed retail price)?

Specs:

Logitech G35:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/logitech-g35-7-1/4507-13831_7-33485072.html

Corsair Vengeance 1500:

http://www.corsair.com/us/vengeance-1500-dolby-7-1-usb-gaming-headset.html

P.S.: I'm asking you guys because I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to audio. If you could provide an explanation as to why one seems better, that would help me out a ton! Thanks!

If you are looking for a gaming headset with a built in mic i'd suggest the Steelseries Siberia V2.

However, I'd recommend that you get a good pair of headphones and a standalone mic for better audio quality.

I own the old version of the Vengeance 1500s and I can personally attest to their awesomeness. The v2s are supposed to have better 50mm drivers in them and I've heard multiple times that they have one of the best mics on a gaming headset. The audio quality isn't going to be on par with a pair of Sennheisers or Beyerdynamics, but they're more than enough for gaming and even listening to music for the most part. Getting a brand like that then a separate mic costs more. The 1500s are like $100 bucks. I think they're definitely one of the best in that price range as far as gaming headsets go.

My original 1500s haven't had any issues as far as durability goes, and they're pretty comfortable. You definitely need to give them a week or so to conform to your head, then they get real comfy. But Corsair's HS1 headset was still comfier for me. I NEVER had soreness issues with those babies, no matter how long I wore them. Too bad the cable on the HS1 was flawed. I loved those friggin cans. They just felt perfect.

I can't really compare the 1500s to the G35s since I've never used the latter, but I've personally never liked any of the Logitech peripherals I've used in the past. Their latest lineup of gaming products are supposed to be really nice though, so maybe the G35s are pretty good.

I'd wait for someone who's used the G35s to give you some feedback on them before you decide what to buy. But yeah, the Vengeance 1500s get my endorsement for sure.