Head phones for under $250 even cheaper would be nice

Hey everyone

Im looking to get some new head phones for gaming, music listening at travel. 

at the moment I am using some beats by dre detox pros and they become sore after an hour maby less witch is not ideal not very sweet as you could say.  if I am on a 13hr plane flight from new zealand probably not good. 

I am a gaming so I would like to use them for that know is someone is behind me or sneaking up on my etc. (i heard from linus that using 2 divers and just letting software manage the 5.1 or 7.1 is the way to go, if so what software should i go for, ive herd the new razor one is ok) 

nest music I manly lises to rap and other music with base but its not all i lisen to so I defiantly want some good base but when im rocking that Taylor swift ;) I would like some good highs and mids to of cores, I dont what to base to be over powering.

and lastly i fly to san Francisco alot to see my girl friend witch is a 13hr flight from hear (auckland new zealand, I will be buy my headphones in the us so us prices etc are all good)  So il need something that will be nice and  comfortable for long periods of time. and long gaming sessions as well i guess.

So id say about 250 max. unless there is something crazy good for like $300 but the cheaper the better. 

don't worry about a mic i just use the one on my webcam ( Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920) unless there is a really good pair that just happen to have one. 

cheers bro

William

unless there is something crazy good for like $300

Every time I have spoken to anyone who has used these, they have raved about them. http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPCG/ref=sr_1_5?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1378427265&sr=1-5&keywords=headphones

If you don't want to shell out the $300, I have a pair of these, I'm really happy with them. (they sound like shit untill they have had some burn in time, though.) http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378427393&sr=1-1&keywords=audio+technica+ath-m50

The ones army pig put up look cool and have good reviews never used them but have heard good things of these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Headphones-Burl-Wood-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378440332&sr=1-2&keywords=sennheiser+558

Why dont you see if you can get somethin from asia... prolly be cheaper to ship to new zealand than shipping from the us

I have a v-moda and been using it for 2 years now, I leave the beach so I have no rust problems or anything but now their starting to tear not break down, 1 of the cushions has torn but still wearable [you can buy replaceable cushions in their website] and I've dropped it multiple times and they are still going. Only thing that I don't like about this headphones is that my left is points a bit outward so it hits the speaker of the headphones and it causes a bit of un-comfort after 1-3 hours of use but if ur ears are pointing upward and correctly not outward like an elf than these headphones will cause 0 un-comfort and trust me my right ear agrees. 

I'd say get the akg k550 and a soundcard.

i wont be shipping them i go to the us alot so ill just get them when im there

im probability going to ask my girlfriend to get them for me for xmas so lets see if she will pay 300 lol. 

oh and is a sound card a must these days. My mobos audio is not great but do u need sound cards still

No, not really.

Really? I greatly disagree, I have a cheaper Asus Mobo ~$120 and a Asus Xonar D1 and the differance between the two is night and day, I would highly recomend either a nice sound card of an external AMP/DAC.

External amp/DAC all the way. I have Fiio E07k which is portable with more than 10hr battery, it is only $100 or so...

+1 to the ATH-m50s they're really nice. I have a friend that has them and i've used them a good amount for gaming and music. They VERY premium for the price.

I'd say something like Sennheiser HD 558

They are open so they are easy to wear for a long time. (But like any open headphones, they leak some sound out and they don't isolate well from outside noise.)

They have detachable cable so you can get a shorter one and comfortably use them outdoors. It also makes them more reliable. 

Also, if you want good audio quality, decent DAC/Headphone amplifier is a must, 

try any audio technica no beats or any of that crap