HD/SSD EDUCATION:) :o

Right I have 1 last componet for my build and it comes down to this componentt:) I do not care about the money I want some pros and cons. Right so the basics are HD=slow SSD=super fast, But what are other cons of an SSD? what do people mean when they say that in raid 0 there is a higher risk of SSD failing. does that mean that your data will be lost and you will need to format and start over? does that mean that you need new SSDs? Wtf are IOPS? lol(Excuse my french:P) 

Are hybrid drives good? do they perform as well as SSDs(the portion of SSD on them?) or are they just a bit faster than normal ones(the SSD portion).

Anw thnx for anyones insight on the matter;):D

ssd's are expensive for their size, and some are better at readin data than writing. hybrids are hdds with ssds as a caching unit. 

if your drive fails in raid 0, it is all lost. iops are a measure of ssd speed.

I would say that the chances of an ssd failing are the same as, or even less than an hdd. as there are no moving parts....

iops = ssd speeD? isnt the read and write the speed? :S raid 0 means that if they fail they fail for good? 2 drives in raid 0 are highly unstable(I know that the more you add the higher the chances of failing are)? would you say that their lifespan is 1-2 years or less than 1?

if one drive fails, you can't get the data back, but the other drive will be ok to reformat

you have confused me:p so lets make up a fantastic situation :P I set up my pc bought 2x ssd connected them and running at raid 0, all of a sudden something goes wrong:o  does that mean that I have destroyed 1 or both SSDs? or does that mean that I can reformat them and everything should be running smoothly? I do not care if I lose data as what the plan is, if I do raid I will only have software on it and all my files will be stored either on a USB 3 external HDD or 1TB internal HDD

It means you should have bought the Adata SX900 series, and 3 of them to boot. 

he didn't ask for that, he just wanted to understand stuff

if one drive breaks in a raid 0, then data is all lost, but the unbroken drive can still be reformated and used

As far as I know IOPS are quite ambiguous and difficult to measure accurately. Not saying it is a useless measure, but read/write speed is an easier way to judge a drive by it's performance. To answer your question about RAID 0, if one drive fails, your RAID array is broken and your data is lost but the functioning drive can be formatted and re-used no problem. One thing to note about SSD's is that they use a technology called TRIM which is used for garbage collection. It keeps the drive running at top perfomance for longer as files get writen and deleted over time. The TRIM command doesn't work in RAID. It isn't absolutely essential, BUT the performance of your RAID array will begin to degrade a little over time. Hybrid uses an SSD for caching the things you use often so that those important things load faster and the HDD will load everything else. Hope this helps!

wrong, trim does work in raid, intel updated the firmware/drivers

Oh snap! News to me. Thanks for the correction.

yeah, i did pretty heave research into it, as it was part of my planning for like a month

from what intel says trim runs slightly better in raid as well.

and ssd'd in general, if you use a 64k stripe size

youtube.com/watch?v=pele5vptVgc