Having trouble with ram speeds

I have recently noticed my ram running at 1/3 of set speed. I am using an Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard, an FX 8350 and 16 gigabytes of Hyperx 1600 Mhz memory split on four dimms. I was just goofing around i Asus AI suite II when I noticed my ram speed was around 500-600 Mhz. I went into the bios and turned all the settings to factory default. Although I changed the settings it was still running at the same speeds. I have never overclocked my cpu, so that is not the problem. At least i don't think so. I tried to swith the memory sticks in different ways, testing both four and eight gig configs to no succes. At one point i thought that the Asus software was broken, i downloaded cpu-Z and it still told me the memory was running at the lower speeds. Can anybody help me!?

Can you post a CPU-Z screen shot? You might have to enable XMP in the BIOS to run the memory at the rated 1600 MHz. That being said, it is called DDR, double data rate. Applications like CPU-z read it in single data rate which for your set would be 800 MHz ( 2 x 800 = 1600 ).

Oh, now when you say that, in the bios it says XMP i enabled, and that the memory is runnig at 1600 Mhz. Only cpu-z and the asus software is saying it is running at ~800 Mhz.

Working as intended then.

Yes, i belive so. Thank you very much!