Having issues with restarting windows on my M.2 NVMe ssd

Hi im having issues restarting my PC i have a ryzen 1700 OC @ 3.8GHz , 16GB of Vengeance LPX OC @ 2933 MHz im using the B350 Tomahawk. most of the time when i restart my PC it takes for ever for the bios to post then it goes to some thing like "cant boot hit any key to chose a boot drive " and wont do any thing just ask the same thing over and over. can you guys look in to this?

it is also happening to a friend with a Ryzen 1600 and an M.2 NVMe SSD. how ever my other friend has a 1400 and only uses a normal SSD and he is not having any issues at all

I used to have the same issue with my X99 board and a SM951, the issue was resolved after UEFI Installation of Windows and then deactivated on Bios the other boot option beside UEFI, when you install windows on it, the BIOS atleas on my board shows 2 Boots, but you need to choose the one with UEFI, after doing this the issue was resolved.

-Fallen

2 Likes

I’ve had the same problem, and resolved it by removing all excess HDDs and SSDs from the pool of boot devices in BIOS.

It seems the BIOS tries to boot from the device (amongst the devices set as bootable in BIOS) that reports it’s ready first, or that happens to get initialized first (for reasons). If that’s a data HDD, obviously the system will not boot.

1 Like

I would give a fresh BIOS/UEFI a go

Thank you Fallenzoul and Uque you where both right but i actually needed both of u to fix it. For me it was disabling legacy boot. made a lot of scene after Uque’s comments