Having difficulty getting my GPU to mine correctly for learning exercise. Setup help, please!

I will preface this with immediately letting y’all know that I have no illusions about making money doing this. This is an academic exercise for me so that I can better understand this process. I will lose money based on the price of power vs. what I can mine.

Okay, so I have an older gaming computer that I’d like to mine some crypto on (i5-2500k, R9-390). I have my CPU miner running fine through AntPool (couldn’t get MultiPool to work at all, other recs welcome). What I’m having trouble with is getting my GPU to mine correctly. I’ve tried the MultiMiner program as well as SGminer and BFGMiner standalone. My bat that I think should work reads as follow.

|
cd C:\Mining\GPUMiner
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
bfgminer.exe -o stratum-dash.antpool.com:443 -u KingArthurTheAardvark.2 -p thuperthecretpathwordhere
|

After running the bat I manually add my GPU through the BFGMiner interface and then it starts running. With this launch setup my GPU pegs out at 100% load and is clearly doing work, but the AntMiner worker page shows no output, even after running for a while (whereas my CPU shows work in about 10 minutes).

Adding “–scrypt” after the exe in my bat leads to either BFGMiner or SGminer failing to open, but if I’m doing LiteCoin I believe I need that included, right? Is there something trivial I’m missing or is there a fundamental part I’ve failed to include?