Have no disire to play games anymore?

What? Am I the only one who has this, or something?

... :\

It's easy to get bored when we put so many hours in a title because we like the game, like GW2 I have over 3000 hours invested in it and am currently on a several month break waiting for the expansion to drop, I thought I wanted to replay Fallout 3 and NV since I originally played them on a console, bought them cheap on the last Steam sale and blew through both in God Mode...lol

1 Like

lol does Fallout work in linux?

2 Likes

It works for me.....but then I'm running Windows 7 in a KVM, both ran as good as on bare metal install of Windows with the exception of the normal KVM sound glitch that I've never bothered to fix (this winter when I have more time)

From what I can see, FO3 and FONV rank Platinum in Wine with Ubuntu 14.04, and then Gold with a bunch of other versions. That's a good sign.

2 Likes

It was a blast by the time I started playing NV (after 3) I decided I would just kill everyone who looked like they were going to be a problem with the exception of the Kings and the Bros of Steel everyone else including the NCR got a bullet in the head...funny nobody liked me and the game went really fast, I'd have killed that flippin' Yes man if I could have I knew he was going to go rouge on me before the end.

I'm in the same situation, my gaming is way down and I really only hop on CS:GO occasionally when I'm in that sort of mood and/or my friends want to play and it tends to be only for one competitive match usually unless we've got drinks and the night. I'm not really sure why it's happened, I think I'm just bored with games?

I've had had that problem for a while. There are some games I still want to play, but most of them.....just meh.

i play just about any type of a game

Currently im watching all the star wars movies before i play star wars mmorpg, before if i was in a mood like this i could play some mmo game and get over it but 2 of my favorite ones are dying Perfect World, and Silkraod. Hoping that playing that will help me.

just do want you want

What if what I want is to murder some puppies? Or rob a bank?

you can murder 'some' puppies but don't rob a bank you'll get caught and go to jail

Basement creatures actually are pretty good yoga partners :)

1 Like

I keep a grue in my basement, keeps adventurers out.

3 Likes

I have this problem for a about a year. Ever since my first part time job I kinda started loosing interest. For now I often have gaming session for about an hour and then stop and rarely play any longer. I usually sit on the computer all day doing other things. I need work due to lack of money and boredom. The thing is that you save money by working by not spending much on the bills that much unless if you work at home or something.

It really depends on the day for me. Somedays I just really don't feel like gaming alone or with anyone. Sometimes it's just because we've been doing the same thing for a while and I get bored of playing the same game all the time. I've been having a lot of fun in Space Engineers, Starmade and Ark lately. I really do like sandbox games and when I can't find anything else to play I can usually figure out something to do in a sandbox game.

I'm learning about game development and I think that's the next thing for me. Making games. I'll still play them of course but that one "obsession" I'll have is my game instead of some other game.

I usually feel like I have to put massive effort into starting a game, or even continuing what I left off. I usually come home and just want to listen to music and catch up on youtube. If I do anything it is usually working on improvements to my home servers and storage. There is no end to it, but completely open ended is what I like, and what I feel games can't offer.

I have a similar experience. Especially when I get excited about a game and actually have some free time. Then I'm binging it to an almost unhealthy point (20 hours a day or something ridiculous like that). 60 hours shadow of mordor in 4 days / about 80 hours witcher 3 in a week... Then I feel burnt out. I don't complete most titles. SoM, I discovered that I was only in the fist zone and then I lost interest. But now I except that this is just the way I do... Maybe it helps.

And yoga or jogging are always good ideas :)

I believe that the excitement and love for gaming always comes back if you give it time. After school I haven't played for five years. Even bought a ps 2 at the time to play tekken with a friend. Then I decided to build myself a new pc and it all came back - very periodically. There is a quote by the singer of ulver, who was asked if he would never play black metal again. He replied: black metal is like a wound in your soul, that doesn't go away.
I think you can apply that to almost everything you adore.

Part of getting older, I sometimes cannot be arsed with gaming what so ever, hell I just got a Xbox one and i'm not on it all time like I would have been when I was younger.