Have anyone seen how Corsair have done Thermaltake, but this time noone cares?

I think you're just specifically looking for mud to throw at Corsair in this instance. Both of those chassis borrow slot from Lian Li and Fractal but I don't seem them mentioned here. Everyone borrows from everyone at this point, it makes sense given how saturated the market is with PC cases. The real innovation from these companies are the modular cases and ITX cases, that's where I see innovation now a days.

1 Like

No i don't. I just compare the situations, and nobody cares about this, while there was huge outrage about F51... And it's more or less the same. I don't think nobody stole anything from nobody, but people still blame Tt, and don't look at other manufacturers. That was my entire point.

R5 and F51 had almost nothing similar, eccept from the front door. The roof, the vents, the internals, all different... If onr front door is complete ripoff, then yeah, they did...

1 Like

You act like people being butt hurt or even caring about cases looking similar is a real thing. Who gives a shit if two cases look it the same. Oh my they are both rectangles and black and hold computer parts! Gasp this is the worst thing to ever happen in the computer industry. I don't know if your a troll or what dude but you get butthurt over the dumbest stuff on this sight.

So basically all the exterior looks. Look at their lineup, they have all kinds of clones in there.

Doesnt make it ok for corsair to do.

I am not saying Corsair stole from anyone. Just like I am not saying Thermaltake stole from anyone. I don't see View 27's original, nor the entire core V lineup, nor the entire versa lineup...
The thing is, I agree with this statement :

And yet, here we are with people still blaming company for making rectangular box with door on the front.

But it's funny we see outrage over a brand, that is not advertising friendly enough, and when we go to the big name like Corsair, nobody cares. I am not saying it's because of the money and products Corsair are throwing at the media, but yeah... Double standard and stuff... Fractal blew this out of proportions, but now there is no add money friendly brand to complain.

I was not aware that anyone has ever patented putting tempered glass on a computer case.

Odds are, Corsair will do a better job with a healthy markup, aka the Corsair tax, up from the original Thermaltake Tempered Glass tax.

It's not Corsair's fault that they're better at marketing.

tbf the front panel of the Anidees is straight off Define case, just shiny

1 Like

Define S to be precise. But this is not stealing...

I think the major difference between what Thermaltake has allegedly done with Case Labs is that a Thermaltake employee said something to the effect "man I wish we made cases like that" in reference to case labs, then went to ask if Case Labs could supply samples to Thermaltake. When Case Labs declined to send samples Themaltake bought the cases and reverse engineered them to make the CORE line.

The F51 looks like a Fractal, but if I remember correctly the big issue was with the Case Lab copies.

That being said, Corsair might have done shady stuff with this case and copied some aspects of the Anidees, but Anidees took design queues from Fractal and Lian Li. That doesn't mean Corsair is free from guilt, but a typical tower with glass is hard to innovate on, where Thermaltake took pretty unique cases and made them cheaper and put a TT sticker on it.

Uh oh somebody alert the "media" !

Keep in mind that it wasn't just Fractal Design that Thermaltake was accused of copying. The main problem arose when they showcased a slew of products at Computex 2015 that looked very similar to competitor products . . .

All of this together is really why they caught so much flak and generated so much buzz.

3 Likes

The fans are completely different... One with an led strip in the middle of the frame, the other one with plastic colored ring on one side. The fan controllers are different. Or Bitfenix have stolen from nzxt as well?
Have swiftech came out and said Thermaltake have not contracted them to manufacture the block?
And again, the thing with the R5 and F51 is only and only front panel. Most other things are different...
PS: the fans are actually so different, that they are the thing, killing the entire argument for me. CaseLabs - fine. The fans and the fan controller are completely different things.

I'm not saying that everything can't be logically refuted, just that when they debuted all or most of these products at the same time, this is what caused the main head scratching and backlash.

From what I understand with the Thermaltake fiasco, it was because their designs where straightup carbon copy, were as the ones OP showed from Corsair and Anidees are more or less borrowing a few popular designs and each putting their own spin on it without looking like a straight up copy which is a hard thing to do without it looking like an over-the-top game-y design like the old days.

The fans are an easy one to debunk:
Everyone has the same physics, everyone will engineer to the same solution.

Agree. Like I said though, I think the public reacted with a greater degree of criticism since all of these products (afaik) were released/showcased at the same event. If each of these products were released within a span of several years, the reaction would likely have been much more tame.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Rosewill/Cullinan/

Have you ever seen a Ford Escape? It looks exactly like all the other CUV's.

There's only so many ways you can make an affordable rectangular box to hold computer components.
cough cough Modern cellphones... cough cough

Nooooo... Fractal totally owns the rights to the rectangular box. Front door - Fractal... No front door - Fractal again.
I read somewhere, that this identical Anidees and Rosewill cases are rebranded Chinese design from some manufacturer...