Haswell or Ivy Bridge?

gaming online?

Asus Sabertooth X79 + Intel Core i7 3930K + Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3-2133 16Go CL11 Blue (4x4Go/4X8Go) + OCZ 256Go SSD Vector + Corsair H100i + NVIDIA GTX 780 + any ASUS IPS monitor >=1920X1080 (1080p => 23" max)

Not gaming online?

Asus Sabertooth Z87 + Intel Core i7 4770K + G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2133 CL9 16Go (2x8Go) (2X8Go) + OCZ 256Go SSD Vector + Corsair H80i + NVIDIA GTX 780 + any ASUS  IPS monitor >=1920X1080

Also, what do you think of the new 760s?  From what I have been seeing they seem to be pretty good powerhouse cards for a pretty good price.

You said this won't be finished until October... So, you might want to go Ivy Bridge-E. Ian Cutress posted some info about them here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7088/rumors-on-ivy-bridgee-3-skus-september-release

They will be more expensive and I doubt the performance will be that must better than Haswell, but if you plan to run multiple graphics cards and such it might be a good way to go as they have way more PCIe 3.0 lanes. 

If you don't already have an ivy bridge then you buy the haswell. On the performance level its kinda meh and comparable to ivy. What you do buy haswell for is the motherboards and the power efficiency of the platform.

Quick question on OCing:  I was watching the video that posted  earlier about the "4-way Optimization" that comes on the new Asus Z87 RoG Mobos, and I was wondering if a Noctua NH-u12s would be good for pushing a 4670k to aroung 4.0 to 4.2 Ghz.  Or would I need a Liquid CPU Cooler?

If you are interested in OC'ing then you could save some money and gt IB 2500K and clock it to 4.5 - 4.6 ghz on air with a decent cooler

You won't have problems overclocking Haswell to 4.2, with a cooler similar to that Noctua.

I'm using the Phanteks 12DX on a 4770k, and it keeps my temps below 70, while I stress it with prime 95. Ideally, I would want my temps lower, but it won't get as hot during gaming sessions.

I used the one click overclock to 4.2, it's a really nice feature. Probably get a custom loop to put on the CPU, reduce the temps more, and boost the clock.

That's what I was thinking.  Maybe a Corsair H60 or a Cooler Master Seidon 120M.

Dude, AIO liquid solutions aren't necessarily better than air coolers. You can achieve similar thermal performance of the H100i, with an air cooler for 3/4 of the price, like the 14PE.

I was referring to a custom loop.

Ah, okay.  I don't really have enough knowledge of liquid cooling to be comfortable setting up a custom loop.

That's fair enough. But, for an OC of 4.2, you only need a inexpensive cooler. I find the AIO units to be more expensive than their relative thermal performance.

An AIO cooler, and an air cooler, capable of the same performance, the AIO would be more expensive. If that makes sense?

I'd recommend the Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk edition cooler. Costs $30, or there abouts. It'll allow you to overclock to 4.2. It's a nice unit. Preferable to something like a H60.

I was actually looking at the Dark Knight yesterday, but I couldn't find any good reviews of it.

It's very appropriate for your needs, and Logan would recommend it. Good thermals, good acoustic performance. I think it looks good, too. And it is cheap. It'll get you to 4.2, comfortably.

Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk edition is the sexiest air cooling I've ever seen!!

Is it compatible LGA 1150? (nothing about this chipset on the manufacturer product page)

Any cooler that is compatible with 1155, is compatible with 1150, thankfully.

Again, thanks!   I may end up going with that one instead.

Also, is it worth going with 2133 Mhz RAM?  Will I be able to notice a performance increase?