Has anyone noticed?

more is better.

1 Like

ā€¦ Unless itā€™s more unmerited hype. :sunglasses:

at this point Iā€™m fairly sure weā€™ve reached an impasse. You donā€™t think you need over 60fps. Cool. Thatā€™s your opinion. But brushing everything else off because of one article is a bit silly.

Indeed. Itā€™s about as silly as assuming someone is brushing off everything else because of one article. :sunglasses:

Which reminds meā€¦ What was this thread about to begin with? Oh, right. It was about finding a good, reliable budget card at a good price. Thanks to AMD I donā€™t need one anymore. Or should I be thanking NVIDIA? hmmmmā€¦ No worries, I got what I wanted and then some. But 600 bux for a stinkinā€™ graphics card??? Man, what a soaking!

Of course you did.

@moderators, end this please.

1 Like

Ebay used 980 Tiā€¦ totally worth buyingā€¦ and is in that price range

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::+1:

Just what exactly did you buy for such a potentially an exorbitant price?

:::grins::: The thread that never endsā€¦ (And to think that all I wanted was a good price on a decent budget card when I first started it). Well, HK I forked out 600 Canadian (30 dollar rebate allegedly forthcoming) because I could not find a decent, stable budget card that actually existed in the shipping capacity of a retailer. So I had to cough up the xtra to get something that remotely resembled what I was looking for. Alas, the only thing that came close to that description was what some would call a ā€œhigh endā€ card. Now to be clear, this is NOT because an RX 580 WOULDNā€™T have fit the bill. No, it was more like I had a choice to pay over 3x the list price for one of those or a little over 200 dollars more for a card that out performed the 580. I chose the latter. Feel free to read the whole thread. Remember to grab a large bowl of popcorn before you get started :grinning:

:::sigh::: I always miss the good deals :expressionless:

Iā€™ve been in this thread for some time nowā€¦and I think you overpaid. Makes me glad I upgraded my video card during Christmas instead of waiting.

Well, it depends. I seem to have gotten a really good card as far as the silly cone lottery goes. 600 Canadian isnā€™t nearly 600 U.S. these days. But you have every reason to smile. Have you looked at what the VEGA 64 costs??? Thought Iā€™d check the Newegg Canada site and nearly fell out of my chair. Theyā€™re all the better part of a thousand bux and some well over a grand. One is nearly two thousand Canadian. At those prices we can both share a hearty laugh and congratulate each other for NOT WAITING. :smirk: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=vega+64&N=-1&isNodeId=1

The Vega FE cards are not gaming cards and have twice the HBM2 of the RX flavor. Not really comparable.

Wait, Vega is finally out? Also, those prices donā€™t strike me as consumer grade equipment prices.

Evidently you didnā€™t click on the link. Mind you, that was Newegg (dot CA) NCIX might be cheaper.

The frontier edition work station card sure looks purdee.

I did click on the link, and I made a rough currency conversion in my head.

How did that work out for ya? Woot! A 1200 dollar reference card! lol :grinning:

For some reason I didnā€™t manage to catch the full quote so Iā€™m trying this again.

To be fair, that is correct regarding these VEGA FE cards but if this is any indication of what the regular cards will cost then Iā€™m only too happy I didnā€™t bother waiting. In fact, Iā€™m looking at some gaming cards right now that only further verify my suspicions. Iā€™m not seeing any great advantage here. The standard VEGAs are still $200.oo more than what I paid for my GTX 1070 and a rather doubt they perform much better.

We know MSRP. That wonā€™t stop retailers from gouging though, which may already be happening.

1 Like

Itā€™s a given. That aside, the bottom line is the proof in the pudding. All this chatter certainly helped me make the right choice though so Iā€™m glad I joined up here.