Has anyone heard of this new streaming app called bebo

its open source and it looks fairly interesting the comparison to OBS and xsplit looks interesting they arent saying what games and settings so its a bit suspect or maybe thats just me

That example video though :man_facepalming:

The ā€œfeatureā€ ā€œcomparisonā€ looks likeā€¦ idk how to describe it. It looks like every commercial thing everā€¦

1. cluttered - wellā€¦ I give you that
  2. Heavy - wellā€¦ how else are you supposed to encode video? duh.
  3. Lots of fees - I havenā€™t had any fees on OBS lol. And the donation stuffā€¦ well, depends how the donation is set up, not the job of the software.
  4. Looks basic/awesome - wtf kind of comparison is that?!
  5. Support - OBS has an IRC on their websiteā€¦ not sure about XSplit

All in allā€¦ ā€œcomparisonā€ makes it look ridiculous and not very serious.
Probably need to cut through the bullshit and just try itā€¦ but then again OBS is pretty good right now :confused:

1 Like

the one thing that it has built in is chat and alerts built in so you dont have to have multiple programs open!
Screenshot_3

Well yeah the features donā€™t sound half bad. Just the presentation sounds like clickbait.

1 Like

well I think its more for people who dont know much IT stuff but I do get where your coming from

Just looked through commit historyā€¦

124 commits since january and half of them seem like version bumps :confused: Not super convinced right nowā€¦ Maybe Iā€™m a bit biased by the presentation though :stuck_out_tongue:

/edit
Just installed it andā€¦
wow their ā€œget startedā€ guide is on Medium

Seems pretty easy to set up though. But Iā€™m not a regular streamer so I canā€™t really say anything about actually using it in ā€œproductionā€.
Funny Discord even recognizes it for streaming mode :+1:

/edit2
Canā€™t add 2 microphones, thatā€™s pretty much a deal breaker for me personallyā€¦ without 2 mics I canā€™t split audio with VB Cableā€¦

/edit3
aaaannnd found the first bug. Added Destiny 2 before starting it, after that it wasnā€™t recognized by refreshingā€¦ tried editing, added monitor one instead of destiny 2 instead. Removed the monitor capture, now everytime I add Destiny 2 it adds monitor capture insteaed :confused:

/edit4
the concept seems good but I canā€™t get it to capture anything ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

well it is in alpha so bear that in mind on the roadmap there is a post on games it doesnt work well with and work arounds so have a look there

Yeah I saw itā€™s alpha :slight_smile:

They use OBS code for the capture though so it should be able to do at least that :confused:

Gonna see how it develops.

Am I missing something here?

I went to the website linked in your post, and it was just a dancing bitcoin animation. Nothing else.

EDIT: the name surprised me. Bebo used to be a social media site before Facebook, where all the teeny boppers hung out. This appears to use the same address. Granted bebo has been dead to a long time now but yeah that was odd.

I know this topic is kinda dead (has been a year? damn.), but I just remembered this was a thing as I was talking about streaming software with someone else, and it appears this software is dead. There is no mention of it anymore on their website and they are just advertising some esports league or whatever.

Not looked into it myself since but I did at the time.

Bebo was a social media platform, it was sold to someone or other and the founders made out like bandits, the new owners tried to make the social media site more upmarket and clean, they killed it, the original founders bought the name back and started again as the streaming software and now it seems it is dead but I have not check that yet, just going on your word.

So thatā€™s been a rollercoaster. I imagine the social media thing haunted it and people would not take the streaming seriously as a result. But who knows.

They should have contributed to OBS.

I didnā€™t know the site before but I didnā€™t take it seriously either, their ā€œmarketingā€ was way too flashy and ā€œgameryā€ tbh, see the comparison I mentioned in my first postā€¦ their whole website wasā€¦ weird. And they didnā€™t really have a product yet either because when I tried it, I couldnā€™t even get it to capture a game which worked fine in OBSā€¦

1 Like