🦃 Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope everyone has a lovely holiday despite the pandemic.

If you feel like sharing pictures of your food, please do!

We have a pie in the oven right now I’ll share later.

Ciao for now. :v:

16 Likes

Back at you.

2 Likes

Just put the turkey in. Did most of the other prep over the past few days so nothing much else to do but torment myself with the smell of cooking bird meat for the next several hours.

6 Likes

Put my turkey in a little under an hour ago.

So, under the skin on the breast I have stuffed a mixture of butter, garlic, various seasonings, and left over wild rice mix. The idea is for the rice to flavor and insulate the breast meat whilst allowing the rest of the bird to cook to full temperature. I put what little left over rice remained into the cavity just for fun, but I am not filling that with stuffing as it makes the bird take longer to cook.

I’m also cooking homemade stuffing using oven dried sourdough bread, it smells delicious already, just gotta wait for the bird to finish before cooking the stuffing in a casserole dish.

Mmmmmmm, turkey starting to smell good.

10 Likes

Started my Turkey

8 Likes

May everyone have a good Thanksgiving and enjoy being with those close to them.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

We’re cooking our turkey now

7 Likes

Have fun my American friends.

One question, why a turkey?

No turkey fires OK!

1 Like

Big chicken moar betterer than little chicken.

It’s the american way.

3 Likes

Convenience, I think. Wild turkey’s were pretty common here in the past, and they’re often big enough to feed multiple people so it lends its self easily to a big meal on some occasion.

2 Likes

Pretty much

Turkeys where more common here than Chicken.

2 Likes

Impossible!

Anyway folks, Happy Thanksgiving! Even though I dont reside there, I can experience the holiday vicariously through post like these and those lovely lovely discount sale online.

1 Like

American folklore says that the natives welcomed the immigrants by throwing them a feast using local produce.

Thanksgiving is a celebration of that lore, so modern Thanksgiving dinner features turkeys and squashes that were common to locals but exotic to the foreigners.

2 Likes

Just letting it rest for a bit, and the feast can commence!

4 Likes

The cornucopia of food

4 Likes

Thanksgiving dinner

3 Likes

Bit late, thanksgiving was last month.

3 Likes

Only if you use the Canadianese Lunar calendar.

1 Like

Cheers folks. A nice way to close out a Thanksgiving.

2 Likes