HALP! Changed Public IP...internetz broke

Hi all,

I have done a factory reset on the modem, still have my new Public IP (which I want, but internet no longer works properly). Been trying to fix this for hours.

How did you preform the factory reset?

And I am unaware of a modem that has that kind of log. Unless it is A wireless modem?

Did you unplug it from power for like 5 minutes, this should force it to get all new settings from the ISP. Look for a firewall setting, the reset may have turned it back on or upped the security level blocking steam and other apps.

If you get internet it is not an issue with the isp, its a setting somewhere.

those logs happen all the time just ignore them unless you are suffering internet slowdowns.

example my log with no internet issues.

All service works fine on the phone correct? which is on the wifi

which means its issues with the pcs not the internet.

try setting the default dns to like googles or something 8.8.8.8

Have you restarted the computers? I know obvious but still.

Then there has to be a firewall issue somewhere. Exact problem happened to my dad. and was a firewall blocking ports steam needed.

Is there some kind of QoS turned on now on the wireless modem?

Can you even log on to steam? does it give a reason as to why not?

What type of wireless modem is it and from what company is your isp?

Hmm, I am kinda out of idea's. It seams like something is blocking steam but if the firewall is off i am not sure what is.

only thing i saw in a manual was port blocking and service blocking. idk if anything is in those on default(shouldn't be)

you can try turning on upnp if it is not already on.

or maybe something under services tab

manual im using https://www.ono.es/resources/files/ayuda-y-soporte/internet/equipos/documentacion/Netgear/MTA_CG3100/MTA_CG3100_UM_ING.pdf

No problem.

FYI. All modems should have logs. Also don't bother trying to change your IP because China is knocking on the door. It won't make a difference, They attack all public IPs every minute of every day. Your firewall should be on and doing its job.