Halloween game recommendations

It’s on GOG:

I want a physical copy. I can see it on Steam. Well, the regular edition. Idk how u even get the DLCs for Steam.

It comes with the DLC. It is the platnium edition but it isn’t called that.

See this pic from Steam for F.E.A.R.:

Even says on the page for F.E.A.R.:

Experience the original F.E.A.R. along with F.E.A.R. Extraction Point and F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate. Available Now!

A physical copy of the platinum edition, I have no clue where you could get that.

Just saw a couple for sale online… $50. Ouch… but i want. But i just have a feeling there might be installation problems because it’s kind of an old game now. I couldn’t install Battlefield: Vietnam at all on my Windows 7 PC. Why? Because “Fuck you”, that’s why.

Killing Floor 2 is a good wave-based zombie shooter. I’ve honestly put too much time into that one, but its fun and has great replay value IMO.

On the topic of zombies, Dying Light is also great fun. If you’ve ever played Dead Island, its similar but better in most regards.

FEAR can be a pain in the ass to get working on modern hardware because it has a horrible memory leak issue. There is a work around for it though. FEAR is one of my favourite games and totally worth playing, the story has really stuck with me even though it’s just a dumb game story.

FEAR 2 is much more polished but suffers from being dumbed down for console. Still it’s a good game, it blends the horror and action a bit better than the original which basically just has horror bits and action bits and never the two shall meet.

Farming Simulator 2017 is a pretty great horror game.

I’m just joking i plus 1 for Killing floor 1 and 2

1 Like

Only the first one is scary, after that, they focused on the FPS aspect rather than the horror aspect. shame

#SAD!

Well, as long as it isn’t ridiculous. I mean… i couldn’t even INSTALL BF:V. The actual installation process was fine. But you go to launch the game and it simply won’t work. W/e.

I hope FEAR can actually PLAY. If it’s just a matter of changing some Nvidia Control Panel settings or something like that. Then i don’t even consider that an issue.

If you have the problem it will present as an unplayable frame rate after a certain amount of time in game. As far as I can remember the work around is to disable some HID device in the device manager, but I can’t remember the specifics.