Guild Wars 2 Hardware Questions

It has been quite some time since I have dove into an MMO and I wanted a fresh start. What beter way then to start playing Guild Wars 2 since the game has just been released. Like every other MMO I need some people to play with and I have finaially got the girlfriend on board this time. But the issue lies in her comp. She has a Acer Notebook, i3-370m, 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM sitting at 1066mhz (no GUP). I am fairly certain that her comp cnan run it but I have found mixed opinions across the internet. Any input would be great. Thanks.

I would say yes but it's really on edge.

Could also see about getting one of these. http://www.engadget.com/photos/hands-on-with-the-asus-xg-station-external-gpu/

Yeah, it should be able to run it, but she'll probably be running it on low detail. I have two GTX 580 Lightning Xtremes in SLI and I get between 40 and 50 fps with the game maxed out. I think that might just be a driver issue at this point though, because the game notified me that my driver version had known issues with the game. I downloaded the beta drivers it suggested, so I'm going to be trying those out tonight.

I was planning on picking up a new laptop for her come the holidays so I don't think the GPU would be appropriate but thanks for the suggestion. Also, I understand that she would not be able to play on very high settings but at this point it's not much of a concern. As long as she can play on 30+ FPS it should be fine. Thanks for the input also good luck wiht the new drivers. 

Lol, I wasn't suggesting to go out an buy a GPU. I was just telling you my own results for comparison. After installing the new beta drivers though, the framerate ramped up to over 90FPS, so you should be fine.

lol no that first part about the GPU was directed twards Scraps and thats good to hear aswell.