Guest VM stuck

Hello, I recently updated my archlinux and eventually now when I tried to boot my Guest Win10 VM it got stuck on “automatic repair thing” also uses only 1 core in that moment and nothing happens *tested for 10min …
Anyone has expirienced similar things?

Automatic repaid can take an hour or so even on a physical machine, especially if it’s just using one core for whatever reason (maybe legacy support).
So while I have no experience having it virtualised, just keep it running for a while and see if it unstucks on its own.

Yes, probably it’s locked to 1 core cuz “reasons”. I will try to let it stay on for a while to see if it will do any good, thanks for help anyways.

my advice is not to update or change the Linux frequencely.
Linux ,basement in this situation, is just running as a server ,so it must be stable.

I was regularly updating it every 2 weeks for whole year, didn’t encounter any problems so far (except pulseaudio/alsa :frowning: FeelsBadMan )

I use a tiny Linux as basement,stable,looks like a ubuntu server, no video output,only commandline.
and I have used it most night since 6 months ago,no such issues.
If I want to use archlinux daily, I will create another VM to run it.

I think automatic repair was caused by VM’s disks broke.

Don’t think that’s problem in my case, I’ve tried to use different disk (same as current but older copy from 1 month ago that was 100% working) and it still does the same. Probably I should switch to something more stable I guess and disable raw format as well, since it can cause problems too. Thanks for help anyways.

I think RAW format is better than qcow2 in this situation.
qcow2 will use more and more disk space.
I used to use qcow2. I had a SSD(120G).
I used qemu-img to create the disk file, 100G,qcow2.
after a few weeks, I checked about the file size,120G, 100% of the SSD.
and the system would be a little bit slow.

Then I changed to raw.I setup 110G for the disk file.
after a few months,that file size was still 110G.And the system was very stable.

I would like to use the snapshot function(only qcow2 support),but it will eat the whole disk.

I tried the another way to create VM’s disk: use block device, not the disk file, but the “/dev/sdc” some.
its format can be found easily on the libvirt XML format website.

I think it may be slove your problem because,the “/dev/sdc” will not be mounted in archlinux,so archlinux will never do some changes on the “/dev/sdc”.