Guess that anime thread game

Ahh, right.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Planetes?

4 Likes

It’s 100% Planetes, not sure why I didn’t recognize it earlier as it’s one of my all-time favorites. I’ve called it the Star Trek of anime before and I’ll still stand by that statement today.

2 Likes

Correct!

3 Likes

thats some strong words for a anime i have never heard of ill add it to my list

1 Like

It fills in an interesting niche of being a somewhat grounded and realistic sci-fi that has similar vibes to Space Brothers while being a bit less nerdy and much more dramatic about it. The first half is mostly episodic, while the second half has a fairly connected plot with some romance sprinkled in towards the end. It is definitely a character-focused show, but still manages to touch on some really interesting socio-political points (in the vibe of Star Trek like I mentioned earlier.)

1 Like

Your up buddy.

1 Like

Sample
Features a very solid (bgm) soundtrack

4 Likes

gunslinger girl?

1 Like

Nope, this is quite a bit older than that

Yeah, this style is a lot older than Gunslinger Girl.
I’d say around mid 90s? :thinking:

1 Like

Good guess but it was aired current millenium :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn… with that artstyle I would have expected it to be older! :open_mouth:
Especially with the “quite a bit older” than Gunslinger Girl, which aired in '03.

1 Like

Ahh, my bad… It’s older but I thought (sorry for not looking it up) that GG aired much more recent. :slight_smile:

It did have an OVA and second season in '08, maybe that’s more along the lines of what you were thinking? :thinking:

1 Like

anyone remember the name of that anime about the two criminal girls who did the “prison break” thing and then adopt some kid? they made a remake not too long ago i think the original was around the same time as gunslinger girl s1

You’re thinking of Michiko & Hatchin ?

1 Like

yes!

@diizzy
Can we get another image/hint? :slight_smile:

3 Likes