Guess that anime thread game

so THATS why my buddy said to watch it but wouldn’t go into detail about “what makes it good”

2 Likes

Looking at screenshots those doesn’t look all that great

1 Like

I rewatched it years ago in a better quality already. Was a lot better than the original options I had back in the day :sweat_smile:

Utawarerumono is correct! :partying_face:
My wife tells me the edit makes the whole thing look so much worse, but that was kind of the idea I was going for :joy:
Showing any of the characters would make it easy to guess, because of the charactaristic style with the ears/clothing/tails… But without including them it really is hard to find screenshots which aren’t just random landscapes.

3 Likes

you alive man? its your turn

Sorry, got a bit sidetracked and rl required some time too…

This is probably a “hard” one :wink:
sample1

4 Likes

Mecha Ariake :smiley:
sample2

4 Likes

Recurring character
sample3

4 Likes

More characters
sample4

4 Likes

They look familiar, but I can’t place them :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Syringes! :smiley:

There are 2 OVAs, one Playstation 2 game and a TV series…

sample5

5 Likes

I’d love to get more descriptive hints… I think it has become fairly obvious that no one who’s regularly playing along here recognises it. I am getting more curious though!

4 Likes

This series is a spinoff from another which (according to Wikipedia) was the first anime to be broadcasted on HDTV and it’s very “artsy” in terms of animation style (as hinted by the “more characters” screenshot). It’s a humor and parody driven one much like Excel Saga, Kyoto Animation was also involved in this series or at the least initial OVA. According to japanese Wikipedia despite being an OVA it was also broadcasted on TV prior to its release. The initial OVA series was released between 2002 and 2004 (6 episodes (5 episodes and one special) and the last aired animation was back in 2016 and it’s quite a bit different from the OVA I’ve taken screenshots from. Below is features the main character in her most common outfit and her sidekick.

5 Likes

Nurse Witch Komugi it sounds really interesting. Especially that is has playstation game? I thought I knew all the anime games for playstations.

4 Likes

…and we have a winner! :wink:
Congrats!

桃井はるこ☆愛のメディスン❤小麦ちゃん - YouTube o_O

3 Likes

Ok, next.

3 Likes

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid?

5 Likes

Yes you got it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@cowphrase its your turn to post a screen shot

1 Like

Whoops, been busy with life. Here you go.

4 Likes

Cooking Papa?

1 Like