GTX 1180 Spec Leak

WCCF Tech 1180 spec Leak

Looks like the 1180 will be just above the Titan XP in performance, but in a cheaper cost and better efficiency. My guess is it’ll be announced around CES and release around July-ish of this year.

I bet it’ll be out of stock at launch and you’ll find them on ebay for like $1,300

5 Likes

I kinda get the feeling that nvidia is playing the waiting game when it comes to the used market. The release of a new card means the used market will get flooded with cheap and some what usable cards.

5 Likes

A 500 dollar 1080 ti sounds great to me. Don’t give a damn if I have to wait a year for it.

1 Like

Nice. Sounds like it’s time to upgrade my 970. Maybe I’ll use it as the PhysX controller, if that’s still a thing :grin:

It kindof isn’t anymore lol. You’ll have to test out if the 970 running PhysX would just be a bottleneck for the new card or not. I guess it woulddepend on the resolution you’re trying to push maybe?

Heh, I didn’t think so. I miss the days when SLI still meant something xD

I’ll use it as a backup backup, I guess.

I hope this July time frame is correct. The 770 I have still does fine for most things, but it’s starting to show it age. Plus, I’d like to upgrade to a 1440p ultrawide or 4k monitor.

I’m going to gift my friend my current GTX 770 (4gb) when I upgrade. He is stuck on a terrible C2D machine with a shitty GT 730 or GT 6xx (can’t remember) GPU. He’s currently trying to dump his PS3 w/ games fund a i7-2600 Dell Optiplex rig off eBay… so I think the 770 will pair nicely with that if he’s able to get one.

If it’s a fat one with the right FW it’s worth a little more on ebay

Just one of the slims unfortunately.

How do the new cards end up out of stock at launch? What do the Hoarders use to purchase before anyone else can buy them? I have waited a long time to upgrade from the GTX680 and I figure since the newest cards will be released soon I’d go for one of them. Why should I have to settle for an almost outdated 1080 Ti if there is another newer option. NVidia should only release these cards in random waves that are unknown to everybody so at least I have a chance if I’m paying attention. I’m really getting sick of the whole ordeal and thinking of never gaming again, and if I don’t get my hands on one of the new cards that is exactly what I will do.

3 Likes

“spec leak” or WCCF Tech just “making shit up” because now Ryzen 2xxx is out, it’s a slow news week?

:smiley:

1 Like