GTX 1060 not running as fast as it should be

Yeah, I had to set the speed in my BIOS so it is running at 3200MHz. And oof, running Heaven at 1080p Extreme gave me a 1616, which from what I’ve seen is not a good score at all.

Also, I’m an imbecile and my GPU power cable wasn’t fully inserted, but strangely that didn’t seem to effect anything whatsoever.

Do you have a recommendation for a driver I could try to rollback too?

I have not had any issues

Fastest 1070 on L1T

1 Like

sorry should have had a comma in there. what i mean is the gpu isnt the problem something else is. windows/cpu/mobo/ram/psu probably in that order of likeliness too.

could maybe get a few birds stoned with one bush if he runs benchmarks on a linux live distro.

Another wild guess: Enable performance mode in the Control panel

1 Like

@nassau I had similar issues when I switched from my 980 ti to the a 1080 ti for me it was the bios version of my Mainboard I did a update and windows fresh install and it fixed it for me .

I didn’t understand however why it ran fine with 980ti and not with the 1080ti

Maybe you can go a easy route and use ddu uninstaller and delete the nvidia driver and install it again because that didn’t work for me when I tried

my post https://forum.level1techs.com/c/hardware

set performance settings under windows to ryzen balanced and gpu performance to maximum power like in the screenshot above this post @MazeFrame posted after maybe this helps