GS5 Root and ROM issues looking for help

OK now where to start;
(disclaimer i am kind of stupid when it comes to android i apologize in advanced)
My sister put me on her sprint plan as family; unlimited everything; and i got her used galaxy S5 that had just updated to marshmallow
appearently either my sister was running it into the ground or something but the battery life wasnt so hot so I decided to throw cyanogen mod on it.
lets start with the novice mistakes:
i didnt back up the original ROM; but i had a copy of the original firmware i downloaded before in lolipop b/c at the time the phone was off carrier and i was going to fuck around with it

ok with that out of the way;rooted without issue; got TWRP flashed without issue
now for the issues:
stable cyanogen 12.1, first install; took 2 loops to boot in but worked after that but i could not get wifi turned on
tried a nightly unstable build; same thing
attempted to use an unofficial cyanogen 13 rom; not only was the wifi not working; but the general signals wern't working either
so at this point im attemping to cut my loses and drop back to default firmware; ODIN(3.185) is throwing two types of error logs
this:
Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Set PIT file..
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
Can't open the specified file. (Line: 1876)
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
and this:
Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..
Initialzation..
Set PIT file..
DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
Get PIT for mapping..
Firmware update start..
aboot.mbn
NAND Write Start!!

Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1

im at a loss right now what to do b/c i need to get this phone back up and running; i can boot into TWRP without issue and ODIN mode is only throwing that problem so im looking at two ways to pursue; nuke everything on the phone and find a way to fix the errors above or to find a ROM that will work correctly
@Kiaxa has put in input to help but i still havent made any progress and google fu is yeilding no fruit

Sprint
model: SM-G900P

have a look on xda youll probably get more help there then here since its based around phones and whatnot

1 Like

ok

Looks like your version of ODIN is not correct for the flashing, that's why you're getting this error

Also before doing any flash just wipe clean the phone (no data or ROM on it) keeping only the recovery that you need to do this (duh).

i did this already

not sure what version of ODIN i need but thank you; its some kind of progress