GreedFall (RPG Lovers: GTFIH!)

While it undoutly was a nice little game, I think it could have been so much better. I liked the story, the roughly 16th-to-early-17th century colonialism setting, the characters and the graphics.

But I thought it had a severe pacing issue, combat was repetitive and way too casual for me (has literally no learing curve and pretty much no skill is required at all), rpg elements were relatively shallow and tons of assets were just copy-pasted all over the game world.

Sorry, but no. Not at all. Both of those have nothing in common with GreedFall, except maybe some of the setting / visual style in some places. SoulsBornes combat is so much more action-packed than this and in comparison has quite a steep learning curve - which means its very hard to master but also very rewarding. In Greedfall I was doing one of the hardest areas in the game within like 1.5 hours of starting the game, just by correctly timing my dodges and spamming Mouse 1. If you tried something like this in DarkSouls, the enemies would feed you your own eyeballs. And Dishonored isn’t comparable either. The stealth system in Greedfall is extremely shallow and theres like zero vertical movement. In general the movement in Dishonored is a lot faster and more action orientated than in Greedfall.

That was the implication, yeah. I mentioned before that the combat was similar to The Witcher. Setting was akin to Dishonored (kinda) and Bloodborne (kinda).

SO many great games out now. I still haven’t finished BL3, and am balls deep into The Outer Worlds. After that I plan on picking up Disco Elysium, and then GreedFall.

Can you explain further? Those games use different engines, creation engine/gamebryo (elder scrolls), phyre engine (dark souls remastered, prepare to die & 3) and greed fall uses the Silk Engine.

Sorry, I’m a bit daft on the lingo :wink:

I’ve used Nexus for Morrowind, Skyrim, and Dark Souls I

1 Like

Ah cool I was wondering if you ment that or the game engine. Yeah nexus are pretty good.