Graphics card best value

So I’m currently in the process of upgrading my PC, and am sort of stuck on the question of which graphics card to pick. I do quite a bit of gaming, and recently some machine learning (though rather basic stuff locally right now).
I’m looking for feedback on which card would provide the best value overall, and long term.
My candidates and the price I can get them at so far are:

• GTX 1080 for ~520 EUR
  • GTX 1070 for ~400 EUR
  • RX Vega 64 for ~575 EUR

Vega 56 is out of the question since it’s currently not meaningfully cheaper, and even harder to get, and the 1070Ti is a similar story.
I do have a FreesSync monitor already, but not having FreeSync would not be a deal-breaker for me, just a nice-to-have.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smiley:

Since we’re at the end ofmthe year I arbitrarily have to say “wait for the next one”.

If you’re buying today then I’d lean towards a 1080. While I personally find Freesync to be an awesome feature I wouldn’t buy any of the currently available Vega cards on account of their coolers. Hopefully the third party designs will be released in a couple of weeks, but nobody knows for sure yet.

I have my fingers crossed on finding a third party Vega 56 for the winter, but I can also wait so the choice is easier for me.

No idea what your current specs but I would say the 1080 since it seems your not putting it in an X4 build with a 19" 720 monitor :slight_smile:

Not enough info to say. I could easily make an argument for either one of those cards. Each have there pros and cons.

The best value for right now is never a new card.
Best value over time is pretty much always an AMD one.

Since you specifically mentioned long term, the GTX 1080 11Gbps cards have enough OC headroom to last you a while cause the 1080 Ti makes no sense value-wise.

I would say probablly the GTX1070 or GTX1070-Ti.
The GTX1080 is of course faster, but i dont think that it is €120,- in value faster sorta thing.
Still depends on what you could find on sale ofc.