GPU Survey/Blog - What GPUs have you used?

This list is going to take me a while to find all the pics x.x

Why did I know this was going to happen. Lot of work :slight_smile:

Chip Designer AIE Model Interface Life Status Misc Notes
3DFX 3DFX Voodoo Banshee AGP Recycled Back when GPUs had actual names
ATI ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP Absolutely no idea - probably recycled Lost track of it after i gifted the PC to my father
Nvidia HP (pavilion dv9700) 512MB Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS PCI burned (Nvidia heating issue plus awful heat design by HP) Switched to laptops only for a good deal of years because i was moving all the time
Nvidia ASUS (N53S laptop) NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M PCI Gifted Most resilient laptop ever - It even survived two drops from strairs
AMD MSI Radeon R9-270 PCI-E Working Soon to be used on a PC for the father again
Nvidia ASUS (N550JX laptop) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M PCI-E Working current laptop
AMD Sapphire Radeon RX 470 PCI-E Working At current desktop PC

I usually prefer to choose on value for money ratio when i buy anything recently. That is why is tend gravitate towards ATI/AMD for desktops and Nvidia for laptops when it comes to GPUs. I was pretty much always satisfied except for that HP laptop that both HP and Nvidia dropped the ball in reliability and heat design.

Currently.

Donā€™t worry about finding pics. I was thinking about taking pictures of each card anyway and putting them all in an imgur album.

Which one is that, the 56 or ?

The 56 doesnā€™t exist as limited. And you canā€™t buy it until the 28th. This is the Vega64 limited from Sapphire.

2 Likes

How are you liking it?

Itā€™s not in the system yet. It will go in when I move my Ryzen into a rack case.

1 Like

Is it effective as a paperweight?

Thinking about ordering a few for the office. This whole ā€œopen floor planā€ thing is causing papers to go flying in the wind.

Itā€™s performance as a paperweight is outstanding. The shape and high quality construction does a great job of laying around.

10/10 can recommend!

4 Likes

Perfect. Iā€™ll be putting in an order for 10 on Monday!

14-130-591-10

EVGA GTX 460 - Still a good card to play esports games like starcraft 2, cs go, etc.

14-125-357-02

GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 - Ran way too hot always even at idle.

Both still work. I use them for testing motherboards mostly these days.

1 Like
Chip Designer AIE Model Interface Life Status Misc Note
Nvidia XFX GeForce 7900GT PCIe Died randomly It was the fastest card I could afford at the time. A friend with Gainward 7900GS was basically kicking my ass in games and benches and everything.
Nvidia Gigabyte NForce 6100 Integrated in the motherboard The MOBO died Got the board with integrated GPU, because I couldnā€™t afford another GPU at the time. God damn, I played Prison Architect when the board died. Served me loyally for almost a decade.
ATi Sapphire X550 PCIe Died randomly A gift from a friend to try and replace my GF6100ā€¦ My GF6100 outlived it.
AMD Sapphire R7 270X Toxic PCIe currently using it Bought it 2-3 years ago or something like that, it was the fastest card I could afford at the time. A fan died on me, still dead, the card is quiet as hell, itā€™s fast as hell, itā€™s beautifulā€¦ I am seriously thinking about painting it white.

XFX 7900GT

Gigabyte GA-M51-S2G

Sapphire Radeon X550

Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Toxic

1 Like

GeForce mx200 32MB x2
GeForce mx400 32MB x2
GeForce mx400 64MB
GeForce mx420 64MB
GeForce mx440 128MB
GeForce mx440 64MB sitting an old Dell system
GeForce ti4200 64MB
GeForce ti4600 128MB
GeForce p73 64MB sitting an old HP system
GeForce fx5200 128MB
GeForce 6200 128MB
GeForce 6200 LE 128MB

Mach 64 in the old Acer out in the other room iirc, not sure havenā€™t opened it up in like 20 years.
Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB

Also got a few cards sitting around that donā€™t have anything on them and all I know is they are AGP
Was going to grab the TI-4200 to take a picture but grabbed a FX5200 instead, I didnā€™t even know I had a FX5200 until a few minutes ago.

1 Like

Back in 2004 when the game tron 2.0 came out, I just ha to have that game which meant getting my first discrete gpu. Canā€™t remember model, but it was eVega 64mb card which still works in my moms really old xp machine. Back about 6 months before win7 came out, we got a laptop for college that had an amd 4500 series (4550 I think). It still works too. 2012 got budget to build high-end pc, went with a diamond multimedia reference 7970. Excellent card for 1080p gaming, and honestly would still be using it but in beginning of 2016, I had the opportunity to get a VRR monitor and a compatible gpu. At that time, the 980ti was the better choice for me ( more vram and better VRR support) so I got evga 980ti hybrid and a Dell s2716dg monitor. Honestly, it comes down to what is best value for me at time of purchase regardless of brand. And the 7970 still works great, IF I get to put together a pc for living room, that card will go in it.

Chip Designer Vendor Model Interface Status Notes
AMD ASUS HD 5550 PCIe 2.0 Alive Itā€™s in the tool drawer because it just works.
AMD MSI HD 4850 PCIe 2.0 Sold Thing ran HOT.
AMD Sapphire HD 6950 PCIe 2.1 Alive Temporary workstation card. DiRT 3 Special Edition I guess.
Nvidia PNY GTX 770 PCIe 3.0 Sold I shouldnā€™t have sold the card, it ran well.
Nvidia MSI GTX 980 Ti PCIe 3.0 Alive Current ā€œmainā€ card. Full name is ā€œMSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G GOLDEN EDITIONā€
1 Like

My 1 and only

Sapphire 270x 2GB, Dual-X variant

2 Likes