GPU post issues

I am having issues with my graphics card and was wondering if there are any trouble shooting tips for this issue. To be completely honest I really don’t know if it is the graphics card or the connection to the motherboard. Current graphics card and motherboard is a Asus 7870 GPU and Asus M5a97 Evo am3+ motherboard.

The issue was noticed after I plugged it in and turn it on after about 6-9 months of it being storage. Everything in post clears except the vga test. I tested the memory by removing it and try turning it on, gave me the no ram beep code. When I plugged both sticks back in it gave me to be vga beep code again. I also tried reseating the GPU, and clearing cmos. I don’t have another system to try my GPU in oy another GPU to try in it, I would if the circumstances that caused it to go into storage happened (not going into why). Is there any way to test what May be the issue?

Keep in mind if it ends up needing replaced any good cheep cards suggestions compatible with the motherboard would be nice. While gaming would be nice having something other than a phone, and a raspberry pi that locks up on JavaScript heavy pages would be nice.