GPU passthrough with Cockpit?

Starting this next week I am going to be working on my computer to transition it into more of a server type system.

I have a 2700X w/ 1080Ti.

My plan is to run Unraid or CentOS Stream w/ Cockpit.

a small SSD is going to be my Windows OS and another small SSD is going to be my Linux Host.

As I build this system out I want to make sure that it is easy to upgrade the hardware as I would like to go to Threadripper in the future to have multiple users running VMs for gaming on the home Network.(I am hoping SR-IOV is consumer available soon).

I am planning to make a large Storage pool for each user on the system for games on the Linux Host. I was thinking ZFS would be great for this as each vdev would be a separate user.

Steam Cache would also be great as well.

I have toyed with Linux many times in the past and really like it and I would like to learn more about it and now that this system is just my own system now and not a work computer I can experiment a bit more.

My question is, does Cockpit allow GPU Passthrough on CentOS? Maybe that needs to be done specifically through terminal?

I have seen Unraid used on Linus Tech Tips but it also looks to have some limitations and is a bit more closed than I would like.

You can create a dataset for each user, but not dedicate a vdev for each one.

Ok,

My Understanding of ZFS must be a little bit backwards and I need to learn more.

I thought X number of disks would be allocated to a vdev and that way I could take 4 disks(example) and then have 1 for parity and 3 for data for each vdev going to the user.

If you have multiple vdevs in a zpool, any data written will be spread as equally as possible across all the vdevs in a pool.

I have a couple NVMe drives that I was going to use as a Read/Write Cache with ZFS. I was using them in the past as boot drives but for some reason( i think it was temp related) my system would crash and not be able to recover. This happened with Linux and Windows as I experimented with both.

Since moving the OS drive to a 2.5" SSD I have not had any more issues.

So I think using the NVMe as Cache is going to be the best compromise for speed and stability.

I’m also looking at going with 2.5" HDDs for this setup as well. This is going to be a system that is all about the games and streaming them throughout the house so I am not worries about the 10TB drives. Also hoping that the extra drives will give me a little more redundancy.

Plus, I like the ICYDOCK looks as they match well to the Caselabs case that I am putting them in.