GPU passthrough for lazy ppl on fedora 28 (using ansible)

I install windows like I would normally, then reboot into fedora, and pass it the drive with windows to the vm, then install all the virtio drivers.

The playbook will create it for you.

Hi. Looks like this was the only tread i found containing keyword “Ansible”. Probably Ansible is too specific tool for mainstream.
I am not an expert not in Ansible, nor in Linux.
Just because a year ago i jumped into programming bandwagon and specifically into microservices and event sourcing, most of tools i need to use are designed to work in Linux environment. I am 20+ year Windows slave. :slightly_frowning_face:
A week ago or so i setup Fedora 29. Besides that my eyes get tired really quickly after switch, everything else looks good. At least all my tools works perfectly now without any cygwin hacks or so.
I have old but petty lovely setup. Asus Rampage 4 Extreme, i7 4960X Exteme Edition, 64 GB RAM, Raid 10 Kingston SSD, 2x 10K WD drives, and GTX 760 and Asus RX 580 8GB OC. It works perfectly for me.
My CPU supports virtualization and VT-d so in theory i am good to go with Pass-Through. Basically i want my RX card to be dedicated for Guest Windows.

I would like to ask, is this Ansible playbook suitable for scenario with Nvidia and AMD GPU setup on Fedora 29 and SSD Raid10? I do not want to setup Windows on separate drive because i want to run it inside of the same Raid. And i dont want to destroy Raid or to buy separate SSD (i have no more free SATA ports :slight_smile: ) I understand that separate SSD would gain some performance improvements, but… i dont think they will out-perform Raid10 ~800 MB/s.

Currently all what i did was disabled default Fedora GPU driver and installed Nvida latest driver. 415. i think.

I read this https://davidyat.es/2016/09/08/gpu-passthrough/ tutorial but many commands he list there doesnt return values he doses.
For example - dmesg | grep -e "Directed I/O" doesnt return anything. And some others.
I am sure that virtualization and VT-d are enabled in BIOS.

Yea you can just attach a qcow2 or img instead of a physical drive. I have tried with a qcow2 but never in raid10 but im sure it will work just make sure to change the drive path in th var file to the path of the qcow2.