Gpu passthrough for display-less gpu in windows

Hi all!
Recently got an s9300x2 to mess around with, currently trying to find a way to play games/run 3d benches on it and have kind of hit a road block. Been trying to do gpu passthrough a few ways with no success, tried using through windows by setting high performance but windows keeps picking the gpu with display as the higher performance gpu. I also tried through rdp, but with every method I tried it still wouldn’t use the dgpu for rendering. I thought about using something like TeamViewer but it only shows what’s displayed on the monitor which won’t work as the closest to a display out is a mDP port behind the io shield that I’m 99% sure is a diagnostic port as it doesn’t output video.

So any suggestions for things I can try?

You would probably have to mod the drivers somehow to make windows think the s9300x2 is a high performance GPU.

I don’t know if it is possible to do that with AMD cards, but is definitely possible with Nvidia cards, see the people using mining GPUs without display outs for gaming. The reason that it might not be possible on AMD is that Nvidia has done more work on switching between Intel and Nvidia graphics for laptops, so for Nvidia it is basically enabling that functionality on an unsupported card, but for AMD the functionality might not exist in the driver.

Yeah I was worried as much, and I don’t think I have the knowledge to be able to mod a driver by myself.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.