GPU Passthrough black screen

Hello,

I have a slight problem with my GPU. It happend on Debian 9.8, so i’ve moved into OpenSUSE tumbleweed. The same problem… So what is it?

It’s that… when i create virtual machine, i give it disks, set CPU, add PCI GPU and launch the setup for the first time everything seems to work on virt-manager. My screen is working because picture is visible on my monitor, i can install Windows 10, reboot and it all works good. The problem begins when i shutdown VM, then start it back on and the screen is black until Windows welcome screen appears… THEN monitor turns on, but the problem is even worse when i want to install windows again on created VM. Screen is always black (wheter it is on installation disk, or i just launch windows already installed). So it seems like the driver is enabling somehow my GPU when windows is started? Where is the problem? I will paste here my VM config.

linux-xviy:~ # cat /etc/libvirt/qemu/win10.xml

win10 3ba63d23-4eb1-41e5-a987-20e8ee5be36e 8392704 8392704 8 hvm /usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x86_64-ms-code.bin /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/nvram/win10_VARS.fd destroy restart destroy /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64

So for the record… When i install Windows with first-ever created VM, the monitor shows everything… When i stop vm and start it again, the screen is black until Windows Welcome screen appears (and only when AMD driver is installed, because when it’s not, screen is always black).

Best regards.
Iwo

What kind of graphics card do you passthrough?
Some AMD has a reset bug I have heard.

Hi, sorry for the late answer. It’s Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB.