GPU Passthrough Audio solution

Oh yea hadnt thought of that one xD. Ill report back.

1 Like

When I was doing GPU passthrough on my system I passed through a sound card and use this method to get them both outputting through the same headphones.

Pro tip: if you don't get any sound automatically looping through Line in to your audio out on your system then you can get pulse audio to do it for you. I can't remember the exact commands, but Googling "pulse audio line in feedback" should help

I agree, i tried for several months off and on to solve audio issues in my KVM, popping, cracking, and latency with latency being the worst, finally gave up and bought a USB sound card for the guest to use and have never looked back, since I use headphones while gaming it was a perfect fit and solved all the issues with the exception of having audio from both host and guest using the same speakers....it was a trade off that sometimes you have to make just for the sake of moving forward while your waiting for advancements from the programmers working on all the different bits of hardware pass through / KVMs.

Holy bajeesuz. IT WORKS! Only problem now is that I'm getting the same audio driver system hangs as I was before. :/

Oh no, that's not good. Try reinstalling Windows, because Windows.

1 Like

Well after reinstalling it would seem that windows still doesnt like my USB DAC so the plan is:

HDMI audio -------> Motherboard Line in
Line in --------> Linux output (DAC)

I found this http://askubuntu.com/questions/211136/get-the-audio-from-line-in-to-output-to-the-speaker

which i tried and it works but only on my motherboard's line out. Is there a way to configure this so it will loopback to my USB DAC rather than my M/B line out?

EDIT: Nevermind , got it. (for future reference: gst-launch-1.0 pulsesrc ! pulsesink

It is a little late answer, but you can make the the snd_hda_intel ignore soundcards by settings the enable parameter.

Useful thread… I wonder what you have since learned about passing through USB audio interfaces from Linux/KVM hosts to Windows guests. Any recommended interfaces or pitfalls? Trying to get the lowest latency possible, of course.

This is an old thread…

I think the current fix is to use message based interrupts, although I don’t know if it would apply to a USB DAC.

Voice Meeeter can do the streaming. VBAN they call it.

Use a dedicated USB controller, either on the motherboard or on a dedicated PCI card and pass it through using vfio…
Or use scream and stream the audio through the network…