GPU Benchmark Thread

Anyone know if its possible to change names on the forum?
Also nice score.

1 Like

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I could get a "little more" out of her, but I don't feel like screwing with the base clock. Something I noticed on the MSI z170 M7 is that the OC Dial actually does a LOT of settings changes, not just change to the CPU clock, but base clock changes, etc. Which is why I went back and just changed the CPU clock by hand, it was really messing with stability.

Here's how she looks, built her on Halloween.

1 Like

I went back to base to see how much I could push this thing without screwing around with the voltage. I'm currently at 4.9 on the Processor (26 degrees idle). And here's how the GPU OC looks currently, this thing's actually making me want to a video water loop.

Here's the CPU-Z and Afterburner settings.

Already ran it through Heaven with no trouble, but the results weren't quite what I was hoping for so I'm going to do some more tinkering.

So, story time. If you look really closely at the picture of my case interior above you might notice something odd. I didn't notice it until my card overheated this morning.

The hoses from my AIO were touching the rear exhaust fan, so it wasn't turning. That meant the only exhaust was going through the radiator or being pushed out by hopes and prayers. So, I fixed the problem and decided to redo my OC settings since obviously my results weren't accurate if my system had been buttoned up without an exhaust fan all day (I generally run Heaven for an hour before I even start OCing just to get the internals warmed up).

The long and short of it is, I think I got a decent clocking card from MSI this time around. And I'm pretty much convinced I'll be adding a water loop for the video card(s) in the future. This OC is on air, and I left the voltage alone entirely, so there's probably a little more juice I could squeeze from it if I REALLY wanted to overheat my system again.

I also used the MSI nob to OC the system first this time, since it seems to do some base clock shenanegans. I got it to 11, but it wasn't stable in Heaven. It WAS however stable at 10 for 4.9 MHz. I don't think I moved up much on the board, but I'm still happy to have gotten it stable and cool on air.

Looking back at the numbers, I feel the urge to tinker some more in hopes of catching up with Pholo... SO CLOSE.

But seriously, awesome work. I would not encourage you to fry your system in the persuit of a higher score, even if I'm a hypocrite for saying so.

That's a hell of a nice overclock, you got a great card there. I'm waiting for water to push mine further. I'll see if I can retake the lead :)

Yeah guys, silicon lottery confirmed.

And I'm with you Fouquin. When I realized I'd overheated this morning I nearly dropped a brick. I'm glad it's all working right now. That's exactly why I didn't even touch the voltage this time lol, I figure this is probably about the safest OC I could put on this thing until I drop a few bills at EK or something. Maybe a predator 360 AIO with a full card block on it, or two since I'll have a pair of TIs by that point.

This is the MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Golden Edition.

I'll take it.

If my 7950 DEV scores I tested are correct, the TWKR introduces a 3.63% bottleneck to my tests. That was at 3.4GHz, not 3.6GHz, so that may have changed. Either way it's pretty close.

i feel like a idiot asking, but how do i run this on linux? ubuntu 14.04. only been linux user for a week.

The only idiots are those who don't ask when they want to know something ;)

Pretty sure you just download it, or the linux one.
Run openGL and pray to the opensauce gods that it plays fine with your system.

https://unigine.com/products/benchmarks/heaven/

@Fouquin i beat you and I haven't even voltage hacked yet.

Hmm what was your gpu usage through this test? Your 290 with 290x bios and clocks should score about 200 more than this.

Took you long enough.

Had to get that waterblock yo.

Good. Now put it to use and break 5K.

When i'm not drinking, Bios modding and flashing is not wise while under the influence.

Well I can't even compete anymore since the i5 is gone. Won't be scoring 5K with a 7 year old CPU+Mobo.

(GPU-Z screenshot coming later.)

Anyone who just got an awesome new GPU during the sales is welcome to add to the list, keep the ball rolling.

@Fouquin you still need to update my score... i know you like being ahead of me and all but.. ya know.