GPU Benchmark Thread

Oh dear God no....

It's not under water.... Yet.....

It's currently running bog stock... I haven't even dicked with the fan curve yet... So 60 ain't that bad at full load really....

390x under full load, erm what kind of full load? Don't rely on programs like furmark, tends to mess with the power target.
Try crysis 3 without vsync or anything similar.

390x on air @60c is UFO.

"edit. thinking about ordering 1400usd 3440x1440 curved display w hippiesync"

Can't decide.

It's just a Nitro R9 390 non-x....

And it's just been an observation based off temp graphs from afterburner during general game play...

Though I did leave it mining overnight a few weeks ago, and HW monitor recorded the max temp in that 8 hour period at 63c....

Mining doesn't push all of your silicon, only the compute part.
Most of the complex stuff idles whilst mining, so not really accurate.

Fair enough... Didn't know that...

Never did get crysis3.... Though I assume most cryengine games would be similar enough?

Yes, but any heavy DX11 game should do the trick.

There isn't a specific slice of the die that ONLY does "Compute". The whole die is still actively working on the task, however specific transistor pathings are used more intensely (Such as the ALUs and FPUs) while others do more minimal work (The TMUs and for the most part the VRAM interconnect paths).

It's not magically only using say 1/4th of the GPU.

250X at High

250X at Medium

Not overclocked at all. I am sure it would be better @ a higher clock.

Wrong benchmark AND wrong settings. :P

3 Likes

:P I try at 1080 fullscreen and get bad results in comparison!

Well yeah... Doesn't really matter. It's not a contest, unless it includes outscoring @SoulFallen and then it is a contest.

4 Likes

So I'm limping along with a gt 210 until my Gtx 980 ti comes in the mail so thought I ought to benchmark it. All 16 cuda cores. Yes I was bored enough to overclock a gt 210. Don't judge me.

3 Likes

HOLY CRAP does that thing even handle the desktop and videos?

1 Like

Surprisingly, its perfectly fine at a 1080p desktop and it even can playback 4k video off youtube with no hitching or stuttering. Yes I get 20fps in csgo @ 1080p with lowest possible details, but besides that its not too bad.

I did a similar thing with an 8400 GS awhile ago.

Sadly I can't find which HDD the Heaven results are on.

It's also the same die as the GT 210, because nVidia NEVER rebadges cards. :P

1 Like

LOLOLOLOL yeah the gt cards get absolutely no love from Nvidia.

GT218 was especially bad, with a usage catalog of 26 cards across 7 generations and 3 different product lines. (8400 GS to the G 505, including Quadro NVS and the ION 2.)

1 Like

EVGA 980 ACX 2.0 SC

R9 290X with Corsair HG10 A1 and Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro. This test really didn't stress my GPU much, blower fan and radiator fans never spun up past idle. GPU speed 1150 MHz, VRAM 6,000 MHz effective. Elpidia GDDR5 at that.

The clocks on the card at the time of test were +60 on the core and it ran at 1440, and +110 on the memory. Any more and it gave graphical glitches or crashed.