Google's Leaked Memo

Oh this thing is going viral :slight_smile:
For google to fire the guy on a Monday instead of a Friday was stupid, you always do stupid stuff or dump bad news Friday afternoon. Now this will dominate the conversation, fat Korean dictators being sooooo boring.
Even his job offers are making headlines!

This is brilliant!
One insures he is not forgotten in an unknown embassy and the other gets free advertising that is worth 6 figures min :slight_smile:
MSM is reacting predictably

By Friday “Google” may well be a noun instead of a verb, and not a nice noun.

2 Likes

Reasonable, a little weak imo, but well researched.

I would say even at points, self defeating.
kinda reminds me of an insanely academic version of boogie2988, that lacks some of the skills that comes with dealing with two sides constantly

It’s not perfect, but this should have never left the sphere of his work, and he should have not been fired (which is discriminatory and he does have a case).

Far from “wrong” and far from "harmful"
Just leftist authoritarian Google doing what authoritarians do best, silencing reason and mistreating those who want to discuss things in a reasonable manner.

Though in [current year] society has become increasing regressive because of #progressivism, i would expect nothing less. Also by firing him, they basically confirm his point, so have fun with that Google.

Men and women have biological differences, which will push them to different jobs. It is insane to expect there to be a 50/50 split.
Hire people who are qualified and can do the job, nothing else should be important.
Women dominate other industries but i don’t see anyone complaining about that… because they shouldn’t.

I would actually say, that if we did have a company who pull off 50/50, it guarantees that there are discriminatory practices and suggest lower QoL for the workers. As a common rule i won’t send my resume to companies like this, because i don’t want anyone to judge me by my color, sex, religious, or political ideology and i want to work with those that will treat me as an individual and be actually able to handle whatever is thrown at us. Even if it’s a bunch of white guys, or black chicks (though women typically don’t do what i like to do because #StressAndInbalancedLifeJustIsntThatFulfillingIfYouArentSupesCompetitive), i don’t care, because if they are hired for their skill and expertize then what does it matter? It doesn’t, race, sex, ideology doesn’t matter, being able to do the work does.

ok i’ll stop rambling

P.S. I just remembered, the MSM referred to this as an “anti-diversity manifesto”, i’m not kidding, this is the level of retardation we’re dealing with here.

5 Likes

What should happen here is that a large number of people should boycott google, panic the investors, and get the CEO’s fired.

Sadly, that won’t happen. The majority of people won’t see the chain around their neck until it gets yanked by their corporate overlords.

And if that were to happen, anyone starting their own competitor to Youtube would probably get a huge boost. But again, won’t happen.

The fact that Bloomberg picked this up makes me kind of hopeful?

2 Likes

About to abandon chrome completely on desktop, already have on mobile just been lazy about moving bookmarks and everything else.

Now if only there was a better alternative to YouTube, and they’d be completely out of my life, save for android.

1 Like

“Firefox Nightly!”, cries a voice from afar

inb4 it’s bait

but Right Wing Libertarianism = Modern Conservativism. the right wing movement has slowly been moving Liberatrian for a while now.

I think the guy has a case, tho. he was basically fired for constructive criticism.

Diversity and meritocracy are both great so long as you don’t conflate the ideas into one thing (i.e. group 1 > group 2), we should be looking at improving the diversity in a lot of professional services. I’m a dude who because of life doesn’t fit in with men, but also doesn’t fit in with women. If people could agree that there are positions in which diversity plays some consideration, and other in which pure meritocracy exists, we would be better off.

I have been looked over for jobs because I don’t look pretty and have specific gender defining looks. Do I cry discrimination, not really, although some times I have felt it has been the determining factor. The problem is a lot of jobs require interviews and that’s when people either think with their genitals or with their brains, neither is wrong, it would be better; however, if they simply said “we’d prefer a female employee” or vice-versa so people don’t waste their time.

Some of the statement makes my hair stand on end (in the bad, this is bordering on being overly aggressive), especially given how he starts with “I value…” but then goes on to kinda destroy that with a some of his more general statements.

1 Like

Oooh the plot is getting more entertaining.

“Women don’t do as well in stressful situations!”

Another software engineer who used to work for Google, Kelly Ellis, says some women who still work at the company stayed home Monday because the memo made them “uncomfortable going back to work.”

the irony is killing me

And rumor (as of this morning) has it they hired a women to “replace” Google guy, a “single black mother, transgender, pansexual, undocumented immigrant with a PHD in women’s studies, and she has rickets.” if this is a true assertion, then they literally just checked off every box imaginable… tho i can’t confirm all of these traits since i don’t got more than a picture to run off of. Namely the trans (tho she has some masculine traits), and pansexual, since that’s fairly difficult to figure out from a picture.

I’m sure she’s qualified as an engineer. This stuff is stranger than fiction.
If she can fill the role, great, if she can’t, this further confirms the assertions from ur boi JD

4 Likes

Stefan Molyneux interviewed this guy. (Stefan is a philosopher for thoses who don’t know) it’s rather intresting to listen to.

1 Like

If I worked at Google, MAYBE I would care.

Yeah that is an interesting source. Lost count how many times he mentioned sjw in there…

1 Like

Another weird aspect (@noenken already mentioned it) is that Google acts as if it encourages free speach, but immediately fires an employee who contradicts their views. In my opinion, this pretty much sounds like fascism. I’ve always considered Google as an open minded company, clearly I’ve been wrong.

As a side note: I also think that artificial effort to hire more women is harmful to women in the first place. Because in the end, a woman’s coworkers are tempted to believe she got the job becuase of her gender and not because of her qualification.

Fixed that for you. There are shitbirds all over the political spectrum in all careers. Please stop stereotyping.

1 Like

Always encourage diversity, you cant go wrong with increasing your pool of possible great candidates. But you shouldnt artificially force a 50/50 split to make your diversity numbers. In the tech field, you are mostly going to get white dudes, but thats due to gender stereotyping and systemic poverty in minority folks.

2 Likes

What I find odd about all of this:

Why is politics being interjected into the work place, to the point of this being an issue? Seems like company resources are being wasted on pet projects.

If this was on the company private discussion board, someone leaked this to get the author fired or at the least shamed. Why is that person not fired for practicing improper infosec?

3 Likes

Because they all have the same goal, get rid of whitey.

are you kidding me

1 Like

If you wish to actually contribute to the conversation feel free.

3 Likes

I would tell you that based on my experience, people of that particular school of thought have a very, VERY hard time separating politics from anything and everything they do.

Although I suppose that is largely true of any and all extremists, they wouldn’t be extremists otherwise?

Why does political views matter either way at work?

Google is paying these people to code, design and admin products and services. The employees’ political background really isn’t important.