Google threatened to remove Yelp and TripAdvisor from search results if they didn't let Google use their reviews in Google Places

A service with a near monopoly over a major sector blackmailing companies, frankly I find a little troubling.

While the FTC didn't go to court with them the point still stands that this is why Google is having such a hard time in Europe. They don't follow the law, they hold a captive market and they act like it. They were scraping snippets from reviews from Yelp and Trip Advisor, and presenting them as their own.

This isn't just hurting the big sites, this is hurting smaller ones too. I have an acquittance that runs a site to show off his paintings and write about other artists but he told me Google just scrapes them off, and even hotlinks them in their search. He lost 60% of his visitors while his images are on Google being monetized after they changed their image search policies.

This is not the internet we want. Even if you dislike Yelp, this sets a terrible precedence for extortion.
This is not the free internet you praise Google for "protecting" (or whatever you say during those Comcast rants...)

google plz, you used to be nice ;_;