Google Smart Home vs Amazon Smart Home

Which is better and why? Each is very mature at this point. I do like the google home products better for sound quality and ease of integration with my current devices… it does what alexa does… etc so I am curious… I think the main contigent point will be privacy and trust?

I have a google home and I love it. Super useful for music, my Hue lighting, and general day-to-day things. But privacy and trust are things you have to throw out the window with these things.

I love using mine, I don’t really care about the privacy concerns personally, but I don’t blame the people that do. So it’s a personal choice. If you’re worried that they’ll be collecting your data (Because honestly they could be) then stay away from them. If it’s not a huge concern, then go for it, you’ll love either one.

I’ve owned both. I have to say having Alexa around was alot more fun in a way saying thank you and it responding the way you can talk to it it’s something else if you use it to it’s full advantage it’s amazing. Calls, movies, reminders, actually fun games on Alexa (think text adventures with some music and sounds) and more then I can say . Google has apps and more home automation centered stuff and it’s assistant is trash in my opinion. Alexa has better voice recognition too so not “the American accent” users will be surprised it also has localized voices. I personally have 3 Alexa devices and sold my Google home.

Drunk and will attempt to edit good I love auto correct

If you use Chromecast at all Google home is better.

Have owned both and switched to Google for Chromecast and better support for Calendar, reminders and notes.

My lights and Logitech remote work well with both.

On voice recognition, that changes so fast with updates it is had to say which is better.

Both make phone calls just fine.

Edit: if you are into Audible or Kindle dictation the Echo is the winner. You can Chromecast it to the Google home but it isn’t seamless. Or if you are invested to other parts of the Amazon ecosystem like Fire TV and prime it, of course, works better with those.

Double Edit: It boils down to Google ecosystem vs Amazon Prime and which you care most about.